G.I., Dep.of Per. & Trg., O.M. No.31011/2/2015-Estt.(A-IV), dated 27.1.2015
Subject: Travel by Premium Trains on LTC- Clarification reg.
The undersigned is directed to say that several references are received by this Department from various Ministry / Departments seeking clarification regarding admissibility of travel by Premium Trains run by Indian Railways while availing of LTC.
2. The matter has been examined in consultation with Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance and it has been decided that travel by Premium Trains is not permissible on LTC. Hence, the fare charged by the Indian Railways for the journey(s) performed by Premium trains shall not be reimbursable for the purpose of LTC. Cases where LTC travel in such Premium Trains has already been undertaken by the Central Government Employees, the train fare may be reimbursed restricting it to the admissible normal fare for the entitled class of train travel or the actual fare paid, whichever is less.
Download original order – Click here
Authority : www.persmin.gov.in
Related to Your Search:
- Travel by Premium Trains on Official Duty/Tour/Training/Transfer etc.- Clarification from Finmin
- Travel by Premium Trains on LTC, Official Duty, Tour, Training, Transfer – Clarification orders issued by PCAFYS
- Charging higher fares in Premium Tatkal tickets
- Clarification regarding admissibility of flexi-fare in Shatabdi/Rajdhani/Duronto trains while availing LTC
- Admissibility of air fare for children below the age of 5 years of the Government servants non-entitled to travel by air on LTC – clarification
- 7th CPC : Travel entitlements of Government employees for the purpose of LTC
- Revision of Flexi Fare Scheme of Indian Railways
- Leave travel concession (LTC) for railway employees & CCS (LTC) rules
- Flexi fare in Premium Trains