To fill up the backlog reserved vacancies of the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and OBCs: Review of the Special Recruitment Drive launched
The Union Cabinet today approved the Special Recruitment Drive launched to fill up the backlog in reserved vacancies of the Scheduled Castes (SCs), Scheduled Tribes (STs) and Other Backward Classes (OBCs).
The achievement of the drive was reviewed in July, 2011 by the Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions as there was a large backlog of vacancies which were yet to be filled. The drive was re-launched to fill up the remaining identified backlog vacancies by the end of the financial year i.e. 31.03.2012. All Ministries/Departments were requested to make concerted efforts to ensure that the remaining backlog reserved vacancies of SCs, STs and OBCs were filled up by 31st March, 2012.
The achievement of the Special Recruitment Drive on its conclusion on 31st March, 2012, as reported by various Ministries/Departments is as follows:
(i) A total of 75,522 backlog vacancies were identified. Of these, 44,427 were in the direct recruitment quota and 31,095 in the promotion quota.
(ii) Of the 44,427 backlog vacancies in the direct recruitment quota, 28,588 have been filled up so far. The success rate in direct recruitment quota is therefore 64.35 percent .
(iii) Out of 31,095 backlog vacancies in the promotion quota, there are 11,347 vacancies (SC 4,239 & ST 7,106) for which eligible candidates are not available even in the extended zone of consideration. Therefore, it has not been found possible to fill up these vacancies. Out of the remaining 19,748 vacancies in the promotion quota, 19,446 vacancies have been filled up so far. After excluding the vacancies for which candidates are not available, achievement of the drive in respect of the promotion quota is 98.47 percent.
Source : PIB News
Related to Your Search:
- Government Sets up a Committee to Find Out the Reasons For Backlog in Filling up of Reserved Vacancies
- Backlog reserved vacancies for SCs, STs and OBCs with ten Ministries and Departments
- Group wise representation of Other Backward Classes (OBC) in Central Government Services as on 1.1.2011
- Central Government Special Recruitment Drive for SCs/STs
- Government Jobs: Details of vacancy position in Government Departments
- Vacancies in OBC category
- Backlog Vacancies – 19,676 backlog reserved vacancies of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes
- Representation of OBCs in the Central Government Services
- Massive recruitment drive launched to fill more than 76,500 vacancies in CAPFs