Timely and advance action in convening of Departmental Promotion Committee meeting in terms of Model Calendar
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel and Training)
North Block, New Delhi – 110001
Dated- October 27, 2016
Subject: Timely and advance action in convening of Departmental Promotion Committee meeting in terms of Model Calendar – regarding.
The undersigned is directed to state that with a view to having the approved select panels for promotion ready in advance in a time-bound manner, this Department has issued a Model Calendar for DPCs vide OM No. 22011/9/98-Estt. (D) dated 8 th September, 1998 as modified vide OM No. 22011/4/2013-Estt.(D) dated 28.01.2015. An indicative pattern has been provided in the Model Calendar for various events involved in the pre/ post DPC related actions. All the Ministries/Departments have been impressed upon from time to time by this Department to adhere to the prescribed time-line so as to ensure that the panel is ready in time and is utilised as and when the vacancies arise during the course of the vacancy year.
2. It has been brought to the notice that many promotion posts are lying vacant due to abnormal delay in convening DPCs. The objective of timely promotions of employees in various Ministries/Departments can be achieved only by holding DPC meetings.
3. In view of above, all Ministries/Departments are again advised to ensure strict compliance of instructions in order to achieve the desired objectives of timely convening of DPCs/preparation of approved select panels within the prescribed time frame.
(Raj esh Sharma)
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Tele. No. 23040340
Related to Your Search:
- Timely and advance action in convening of DPC meeting in terms of Model Calendar: DoPT
- Model Calendar for the Departmental Promotion Committees – Dopt Orders
- Central Government paves way for employees timely promotions
- Furnishing DPC proposal to the UPSC in a time bound manner as laid down in DOPT OM dated 24.03.2011- Dopt orders
- Procedure to be observed by the Departmental Promotion Committees (DPCs) – Model Calendar for DPCs – Relevant year up to which APARs are to be considered and Model Calendar for conducting DPCs
- Timely and advance action in filling up of the Direct Recruitment (DR) vacancies
- Ad-hoc Appointment / Promotion — Review of – Regarding
- Questions on New System for Promotion – Loksabha Q & A
- Shortage of manpower in Central Government offices