Central Government Sports Persons
File No.20-13/2020-WL & Sports
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts (Welfare & Sports Section)
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg
Dated 24 .08.2020
All Heads of Postal Circles
Sub: Time bound grant of special incentives to outstanding sports persons- reg
This is regarding time bound grant of below mentioned special incentives to outstanding sports persons/ officials:
a. Increment (Personal Pay): Reference is invited to DOPT letter No 14034 01/2013-Estt (D) dated 3rd Oct 2013, Para B (I). The grant of increment may be done at the earliest; suitably within same financial year.
b. Out of Turn Promotion: Reference is invited to DOPT letter No 14034/01/2013- Estt (D) dated 3. Oct 2013, Para C. Wherein, it has been stated that: -The entitlement of a sportsperson for out of turn promotion may be processed within a period of three months from the date of occurrence of event which entitles him/her for out of turn promotion. It will be responsibility of the concerned administrative Ministry/Department to consider a sportsperson for out of turn promotion within the prescribed time limit”. Accordingly, such cases may be processed within 3 months as per guidelines.
Also check: Promotion of Sports/Games
c. Cash Awards: Reference is invited to this office letter no. 8-01/2014- WI&Sports dated 20.06.2017 (read with letter 11-8/87-WL&Sp dated 18.05.1993). In this regard, since sports fund is allotted annually and audit for the same is conducted at end of financial year, it is best suited that all necessary claims of cash awards may be settled within the same financial year. It would also help this office to make budget estimates for next year.
2. This issues with approval of competent authority.
Related to Your Search:
- Out-of-Turn Promotions (OTP) to outstanding Sportspersons on sports accounts for representing India in Olympic games
- Out-of-Turn Promotions to Sports persons/coaches for excellence in field for sports – Clarification by Railway Board
- Cash Awards to the outstanding sportsperson – enhancement of rates: Department of Posts Order
- Out of Turn Promotion of sportspersons on sports account in Probation period.
- Railway Board: Out-of-Turn Promotions (OTP) to outstanding Sports persons on sports accounts
- Incentives to Sports persons
- Promotion of sports among disabled persons
- Medal Winners of RIO Olympics/Paralympics 2016 receive cash award from Sports Minister Vijay Goel
- Recruitment of sportspersons against Sports Quota and out-of-turn promotion to Railway sportspersons on sports account-modification/changes in policy : RBE No. 98/2016