The Union Finance Minister, Shri Arun Jaitley: Goods and Services Tax (GST) is an efficient tax system which not only checks tax evasion but also helps evolving India to become very strong society
FM inaugurates the National Academy of Customs, Indirect Taxes and Narcotics (NACIN) Campus in Bengaluru today
Inaugurating the National Academy of Customs, Indirect Taxes and Narcotics (NACIN) Campus in the Bengaluru today, the Union Finance Minister Shri Arun Jaitley said that Indirect Taxation regime in the country will play a key role and is undergoing a vital change. He said that the present multiple taxation system is transformed into the Goods and Services Tax (GST) and all the taxes are amalgamated. Speaking further, the Finance Minister said that the new GST regime will come into effect from July 1, 2017. GST is an efficient tax system which not only checks tax evasion but it also help evolving India to become very strong society.
Speaking further on the occasion, the Finance Minister Shri Jaitley said that the new Indirect Tax is a product of federal India. He added that the Centre and the States will jointly administer and decide the taxes. Coordination between taxation authority of Centre and States is also important. He said that the tax training academy NACIN, which has come-up in Bengaluru to impart training to officers of Central and State Governments and PSUs has to play a vital role.
Participating on the occasion, Smt.Vanaja N. Sarna, Chairperson, CBEC highlighted the contributions of NACIN. Shri D.P.Nagendra Kumar, Principal Director General, NACIN, gave an overview of the new NACIN Complex. Shri S.Ramesh, Member (Admn.), CBIC welcomed the dignitaries on this occasion while Shri P. K. Dash, Pr. Additonal Director General, NACIN, proposed vote of thanks.
Related to Your Search:
- Income Tax exemption limit may raise further – Finance Minister
- Income Tax Return form for the category of individuals having taxable income upto Rs 5 lakhs other than business income
- Government to strengthen agency under GST to check tax evasion
- Shri Arun Jaitley Assumes Charge as Minister of Finance
- Arun Jaitley Against High Income Tax Rate to Raise Revenues
- Examination for Confirmation of Enrollment of GST Practitioners
- Limit of Deduction of Rent Increased from Rs.24,000 to Rs.60,000
- GST: Goods and Services Tax Council – Journey so far
- FM: Government is working on a target date of 1st April, 2017 for the roll out of the Goods and Service Tax (GST) in the country.