Ministry of Personnel, P.G. & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi
Subject: Suspension of Group ‘A’ Officers of CSS/CSSS- reg.
The undersigned is directed to say that recently it has come to the notice of this Department that Minis tries/Departments have placed Group ‘A’ Officers of Central Secretariat Service and Central Secretariat Stenographer Service under suspension without referring the matter to D/o Personnel & Training.
The powers of Appointing Authority in respect of Group ‘A’ CSS/ CSSS Officers are exercised by Minister-in-charge of Department of Personnel & Training being the Cadre Controlling Authority. Further, for a cadre post of CSS, the power to take disciplinary action including suspension lies with the Cadre Controlling Authority i.e. D/o Personnel & Training. Accordingly attention is drawn to entry no. 41 (e) of Govt. of India (Allocation of Business) Rules, 1961 read with Rule 12 of CCS(CCA) Rules, 1965 whereby the DoP& T was made Disciplinary Authority in respect of the officers belonging to centralised cadres of CSS (Grade ‘A’ and above). Therefore, any Group ‘A’ CSS/ CSSS Officer may be placed under suspension with the approval of the Minister-in-charge of Department of Personnel & Training.
All the Ministries/ Departments are, therefore, requested to forward the proposals, if any, for placing Group ‘A’ Officers of CSS/CSSS under suspension with the approval of their concerned Minister-in-charge to this Department in conformity to the guidelines mentioned in this Department’s OM No. 134/9/93-AVD.I dated 15/11/1993.
Under Secretary to Govt. of India
Related to Your Search:
- All the CSS/CSSS Officers to file the Immovable Property Return (IPR) for the year 2017 (as on 31.12.2017)
- Cadre Restructuring of CSSS – Cadre Restructuring Committee submitted its report with recommendations and duties of CSSS personnel
- Cadre Restructuring of Central Secretariat Stenographers’ Service (CSSS)- sanctioned strength of Officers – Dopt orders
- Fixation of range of seniority for promotion from PA to PS Grade of CSSS-Select List Year 2015-reminder-reg
- DoPT: Completion of formalities in the matter of promotion of CSSS grades
- Procedure to be followed for suspension of All India Service officers (Rules, 1969)
- Posting of Stenographers Grade D of Stenographers Grade C and D Examination, 2016 in the cadre units of CSSS
- Constitution of a Committee for Cadre Restructuring of the Central Secretariat Stenographers’ Service (CSSS)
- Review of CSSS officers in the Grade of Personal Assistant under FR 56 (j) and Rule 48 of CCS(Pension) Rules, 1972