Stepping up of pay of senior of CSS promotion in the Officers Grade than juniors
Government of India
Ministry of PG & Pensions
Department of personnel & Training
2nd Floor, A Wing, Lok Nayak Bhawan, Khan Market
New Delhi, the 6th November, 2017
Subject: Stepping up of pay of senior of CSS promotion in the Officers Grade than juniors – reg.
Representations have been received from some CSS officers in whose case re-fixation and recovery orders have been issued by concerned Ministries/Departments in pursuance to DOPT 0M 20.05.2014, requesting withdrawal of the OMs referred above.
2. It is once again clarified that 0M No.5/16/80-CS.l dated 13.4.1988 was issued on acceptance of award by Board of Arbitration in CA Reference No.7 of 1984 which allowed stepping up of pay at an Assistant of CSS, who is senior by virtue of having been recruited through an earlier examination but is drawing less pay on promotion in the Grade of officer than his junior recruited through a letter examination, up to a level equal to the pay of such junior Sexton Officer in the same cadre i.e. senior DR Assistant to junior DR Assistant of later exam on their promotion as Section Officer, Vide OM No.5/21/192-CS.I dated 23.2.1994 this benefit of stepping up was extended to Section Officers appointed through Limited Departmental Competitive Examination (LDCE) (again applicable to Assistants only). OM NO.5/1/96-CS.l dated 8.10.1996 further extended this benefit in case of promotee Assistants and also to the cases where both junior and senior have been recruited on the basis of the same Select List/Assistants Grade Examination, as the case may be in accordance with OA No.365/90 (Shri K.C.Sehgal Vs UOI and OA No .869/91 (Shri L.K. Chawla VS UOI), which were upheld by the Hon’ble Supreme Court.
3. That there are general guidelines of stepping up of pay issued by the Ministry Of Finance vide 0M No.F.2(78)-E.III(A) dated 04.02.1966 and this Department vide 0M dated 04.11.1993. One Of the conditions of the general guidelines for allowing stepping up of pay to a Senior Govt. servant with reference to a junior in the lower grade also.
Related to Your Search:
- Stepping up of Pay of Senior Assistants of CSS drawing less pay on promotion in the Section Officers Grade than their juniors – clarifications
- Stepping up of pay of senior Assistants of CSS drawing less pay on promotion in the Section Officers Grade than their juniors
- Stepping up of pay of Senior Assistants of the Central Secretariat Service (CSS) drawing less pay on promotion in the Section Officers Grade than their juniors.
- Stepping up of pay of senior Assistants of CSS drawing less pay on promotion in the Section Officers’ Grade man their juniors – OM No.18/2/2007-CS-I dated 20.05.2014 – Followup action regarding
- KV School: Stepping up of pay of the promotee senior with direct recruited junior appointed on or after 01.01.2006.
- Promotion to Junior Administrative Grade in Level-13 of 7th CPC instead of Level-12 – DoT
- Present Grade Pay and New Higher Grade Pay for the following Posts recommended by 7th Pay Commission
- Relaxation of residency period for promotion of Jr. Accounts Asstt (GP 2800/-) as Accounts Asstt (GP 4200/-) on Indian Railways
- DoPT: Stepping up of pay-Consolidated guidelines