Stagnation Increment – Revision of Pension of Pre-2016 pensioners
“Benefit of additional increment has been granted to those officers who were serving as on 1.1.2016. Those who retired/died before 1.1.2016 are, therefore, not eligible for increment after retirement for the purpose of pension.”
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, PG & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan
Khan Market, New Delhi-110 003
Dated the 21st December, 2018
Subject: Revision of Pension of Pre-2016 pensioners – Stagnation Increment regarding
The undersigned is directed to say that in pursuance of the decision taken by the Government on the recommendations of the 7th CPC, orders were issued vide this Deptt’s OM of even number dated 12.5.2017 for revision of pension/family pension in respect of pre-2016 pensioners/family pensioners by notionally fixing pay in the pay matrix recommended by the 7th CPC in the level corresponding to the pay in the pay scale/pay band and grade pay at which the Government servant / pensioner retired/died. Concordance tables for fixation of notional pay / pension of pre-2016 pensioners were issued vide this Department’s OM of even number dated 6.7.2017.
2. References/representations have been received in this Department seeking clarification on the applicability of the OM dated 7.9.2016 for the purpose of notional pay fixation and revision of pension of pre-2016 pensioners and family pensioners w.e.f. 1.1.2016. The matter has been examined in consultation with the Ministry of Finance (Department of Expenditure). It is clarified that the benefit of additional increment has been granted to those officers who were serving as on 1.1.2016. Those who retired/died before 1.1.2016 are, therefore, not eligible for increment after retirement for the purpose of pension.
3. This issues with the approval of Department of Expenditure vide their I.D. No.1(3)/V-V/2018 dated 4.9.2018 and 1.D. No.1(3)/V-V/2018 dated 28.11.2018
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Doppw – Revision of pension w.e.f. 1.1.2006 of Pre-2006 pensioners who retired from the 5th CPC scale of Rs. 6500-10500 or equivalent pay scale in the earlier Pay Commission periods
- 7th CPC: Revision of provisional pension sanctioned under Rule 69 of the CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972
- Revision of pension of BSNL pensioners/ family pensioners, who retired prior to 10.06.2013 by allowing the benefit of merger of 50% DA/ DR with Basic Pay/ pension, effectively amounting to 78.2% DA/ DR for the purpose of fitment
- Implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission Revision of pension of pre-2016 retired medical officers
- Merger of 50% DA with Pay and Pension for BSNL Employees and Pensioners
- Revision of pension of pre-2016 pensioners / family pensioners in implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission Concordance tables
- Revision of pension of Pre-2006 disability pensioners and Family Pensioners effective from 1.1.2006 – Pensioners Portal Orders
- Pre-2006 pensioners who retired from the 5th CPC scale of Rs. 6500-10500/-
- Revision of PPO of pre-2006 pensioners / family pensioners – Even if age/date of birth of spouse is not available – reg.