Split Medical Identity Card to serving Railway employees
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated 09.02.2018
The General Managers, All Indian Railways/PUs
The Chief Administrative Officers/DMW/Patiala/RWP/Bela/Patna
The Director General/RDSO
Sub: Split Medical Identity Card to serving Railway employees.
Ref: Railway Board’s letter No. 2004/H/28/1/RELHS/Card dated 22.03.2005.
In terms of provisions contained in Para 626 (1) of India Railway Medical Mannual (IRMM) -2000, it is necessary to produce medical identity Card for availing of medical facilities in Railway Hospitals. It has been brought to the notice of Board that serving Railway employees/their eligible dependent family members find difficult to avail of medical facilities when one of the family member move out of station carrying Medical Identity Card provision for RELHS beneficiaries though exist vide letter under reference but no such facility existed for serving Railway Employees. The issue has, therefore, been examined and it has been decided to extend the facility of split Medical Card to serving Railway employees covered by RMA rules.
Original Medical Identity Card may be deposited with the issuing authority who may issue split Medical Identity Card to the beneficiaries as requested by them.
Issuing authority of Split Medical Card will be the office of controlling authority where the employee is working and the registering authority of Split card will be Authorised Medical officer (AMO) of nearest Health Unit/Hospitals where the dependents are staying.
Related to Your Search:
- Policy regarding uniformity in the Medical Identity Cards issued to employees and other beneficiaries on Indian Railways.
- Issue of Medical ID Card to Retiring Employees
- NFIR: Issue of Pensioners Identity Card to pensioners
- Medical Identity Card Numbering and Colour Scheme & Generation of Uniform Medical I-Card
- Issue of Identity Cards to Central Government pensioners – Pensioners Portal Orders on 12.8.2015
- Issuance of Special Passes on Medical grounds for follow-up medical treatment in outstation Hospitals
- CGHS Orders 2013 : Regarding tests/investigations at private hospitals / diagnostic laboratories / imaging centres empanelled under CGHS.
- Family Identity Cards to rFamily Identity Cards to retiring / retired railway employees will now be for lifetime instead of 7 years: Railway Board Orderetiring/retired railway employees will now be for lifetime instead of 7 years: Railway Board Order
- Implementation of recommendations of One-Man Committee on issue of Identity cards to the Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS)