Special Recruitment Drive
RAJYA SABHA UNSTARRED
QUESTION NO. 1889
(TO BE ANSWERED ON 17.03.2022)
SPECIAL RECRUITMENT DRIVE FOR BACKLOG VACANCIES
1889 DR. ANBUMANI
Will the PRIME MINISTER be pleased to state:
(a) whether Government has details of total number of Group I, II, IV and other employees belonging to SC, ST, OBC, EWS and general category currently working in PMO, Central Secretariat (all Ministries) and Cabinet Secretariat and current corresponding backlog vacancies;
(b) if so, Group, category and organisation-wise details thereof;
(c) whether Government has taken any special recruitment drive or any other steps to fill up the existing and backlog vacancies recently; and
(d) if so, the category and Group-wise detail ls thereof?
MINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL, PUBLIC GRIEVANCES AND PENSIONS AND MINISTER OF STATE IN THE PRIME MINISTER’S OFFICE (DR. JITENDRA SINGH)
(a) to (d): Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) collects online data regarding representation of SC, ST, OBC and EWS in various Ministries/Departments of the Government through the rrcps portal. Further, DoPT monitors the status of filling up of backlog reserved vacancies for SC, STs, and OBCs in ten major Ministries/Departments having more than 90% of the employees of the Central Government.
The statement containing Group-wise, category-wise and Ministry/Department-wise details of employees working in various Ministries/Departments of the Government of India, as 01.01.2021, is at Annexure-I & II. The statement containing details of total number of backlog vacancies in 10 major Ministries/Departments and backlog vacancies filled by them, as on 01.01.2021, is at Annexure-III.
Filling up of vacancies, including backlog reserved vacancies, is a continuous process. Instructions have been issued to all Ministries/Departments of the Government of India to constitute an in-House Committee for identification of backlog reserved vacancies, to study the root cause of such vacancies, to initiate measures to remove the factors causing such vacancies and to fill them up early including through Special Recruitment Drives.
Related to Your Search:
- To fill up the backlog reserved vacancies of the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and OBCs: Review of the Special Recruitment Drive launched
- Central Government Special Recruitment Drive for SCs/STs
- Backlog reserved vacancies for SCs, STs and OBCs with ten Ministries and Departments
- Government Jobs: Details of vacancy position in Government Departments
- Group wise representation of Other Backward Classes (OBC) in Central Government Services as on 1.1.2011
- Government Sets up a Committee to Find Out the Reasons For Backlog in Filling up of Reserved Vacancies
- Backlog Vacancies – 19,676 backlog reserved vacancies of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes
- Vacancies in OBC category
- Representation of OBCs in the Central Government Services