Special IT Return Receipt Counters for Salaried Tax Payers With Income Upto Rs. Five Lakh
Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
22-July-2013 18:22 IST
Special IT Return Receipt Counters for Salaried Tax Payers With Income Upto Rs. 5 Lakh
The CBDT has, vide notification dated 1-05-2013, made E-filing of Return compulsory for Assessment Year 2013-14 for persons having total assessable income exceeding Five lakh rupees.
The CBDT vide its earlier notifications had exempted salaried employees having total income upto Rs. 5 lakhs including income from other sources upto Rs. 10,000/- from the requirement of filing return of income for assessment year 2011-12 and 2012-13 respectively. The exemption was available only for the assessment year 2011-12 and 2012-13. The exemption was giving considering ‘paper filing of returns’ and their ‘processing through manual entry’ on system.
However, this year the facility for online filing of returns has been made user-friendly with the advantage of pre-filled return forms. These E-filed forms also get electronically processed at the central processing centre in a speedy manner. Hence, the exemption provided during the last two years is not being extended for assessment year 2013-14. Taxpayers are encouraged to file their returns electronically. E-filing is an easy, fast and secure method of filing of income tax return. Moreover, Digital signature is not mandatory for these taxpayers and they can transmit the data in the return electronically by downloading ITRs, or by online filing and thereafter submit the verification of the return in From ITR-V acknowledgement after signature to Central Processing Centre. The processing for E-filed returns is faster.
From 25th July to 31st July 2013 (Except 27th and 28th July being holidays), Special Return Receipt Counters (FOR SALARIED TAX PAYERS) will operate at Pratayakshar Bhawan, Civic Centre, Minto Road, New Delhi this year. (Instead of Pragati Maidan and Mayur Bhavan as were done in the past).
The special counters have been set up jurisdiction wise as follows:
• For CIT-XIV Charge (Govt. Salary) at ‘B’ Block, Ground Floor in Civil Centre,
• For CIV-XV Charge (PSUs/Schools/Colleges/Bank Salary) at ‘C’ Block, Ground Floor in Civic Centre,
• For CIT-XVI Charge (Private Salary) at ‘C’ Block, Ground Floor in Civil Centre,
• In addition special counters separately will function at ‘B’ and ‘C’ Block in Civic Centre for Senior Citizens and Differently abled persons.
As Returns of Income above Rs. 5 lakhs have to be e-filed online mandatorily, the same will not be received at any of these special counters. Only paper return of income upto 5 lakhs can be filed at these counters. Other facilities like Helpdesk, Tax Return Preparers (TRPs), UTI/NSDL counters, Bank, tax payment facility, PAN facilitation counter etc. Will be also available at Civic Centre, New Delhi during the same period.
Related to Your Search:
- Income Tax Due Date extended for filing returns to 31.8.2012
- Special Arrangements Made for Accepting Returns of Income; Offices to Remain Open on 26th July and 27th July
- Ready Reckoner for late IT Return filling
- Exemption of Salaried Employees from Requirement of Filing of Returns for Assessment Year 2012-13
- Due Date of E-Filing of Income Tax Returns for Assessment Year 2012-13 Extended up to 31st August, 2012
- CBDT – Order under Section 119 of the Income-tax Act, 1961
- IT Department Urges Taxpayers to Pay all Self- Assessment Tax Dues by 31ST March
- Income Tax returns can still be filed even after the deadline: IT dept. urges
- Extension of Due Date for filing of Income Tax Returns