Seventh Pay Commission: Good News! PMO orders to speed up process; notification soon
New Delhi, Feb 6: This will definitely cheer up all the central government employees who are disappointed at the moment as government is delaying the implementation of Seventh Pay Commission. Sources say that after One Rank One Pension, notification for 7th CPC could be released in coming months.
Reportedly, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has ordered officials to speed up review process so that it could be implemented soon. Modi has asked Committee of Secretaries to provide maximum benefits to central staff.
Cabinet Secretary P K Sinha headed empowered committee which was appointed to overview whole process has been told to accept pay commission’s recommendations without diluting them.
PMO wants committee to review all the recommendations as soon as possible, so that Cabinet could take final decision over the same.
One of the officials was quoted by the Express News as saying, “The committee has been told to address the genuine concerns raised by stakeholders and accommodate their demands as much as possible. Although, there is indication that the committee may suggest some changes keeping in mind representations from middle and junior level, the decision will be taken after consultations with all the stakeholders. The entire process will take a couple of months”.
Meanwhile, reports also say that in coming months, notification for 7th pay commission could be issue. A Finance Ministry source was quoted by news reports as saying, “One Rank One Pension (OROP) is now going to be implemented after notification. Hence Finance Ministry will issue the notification of ‘Pay Commission award’ in forthcoming months”.
Related to Your Search:
- Cabinet Committee May Decide 7th Pay Commission Report On 29.6.2016 (Tomorrow)
- Central Government approved to set up Empowered Committee to process the recommendations of 7th Pay Commission
- Review panel devises 7th Pay commission complexity
- 7th Pay Commission: Reasons of delay in implementation
- Government gears up to notify 7th pay commission allowances hike
- 7th Pay Commission arrears to be paid in August
- 7th Pay Commission: Euphoric Modi government to give final nod to Increment notification soon
- 7th Pay Commission: Higher allowances dropped from today’s cabinet meeting agenda
- Central government employees annoyed with Modi government about 7th Pay Commission pay hike