Government of India
Ministry of Personnel P.G.-& Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated: 6th April, 2016
Subject: Setting up of Search Committees/Search-cum-Selection Committee.
The guidelines on constitution of Search Committees for posts in Government and Search-cum-Selection Committees for posts in autonomous organizations have been issued vide this Department’s OM of even number dated 30thJuly, 2007 and amended vide OM of even number dated 21 st October, 2015. As per the extant guidelines, the Ministries/Departments have to constitute the Search Committee/Search-cum-selection Committee as per the instructions contained in DoPT OM dated 30.7.2007 with the approval of their Minister-in-Charge and thereafter the composition of the Search-cum Selection Committee needs to be approved by DoPT.
2. The proposal to simplify the procedure for approval of constitution of Search Committee/Search-cum-selection Committee is under consideration. In the meantime it has been decided that Ministries/Departments may submit their proposal for constitution of Search Committee/Search-cum-selection Committee through e-mail. The proposals may be sent to [email protected] and dire 1 -dopt (&,nic.in. Concurrence to the proposal would be communicated to the Ministries/Departments in seven working days, through e-mail. While sending proposals, the Ministries/Departments may enclose the checklist as attached.
( G. Jayanthi)
Please confirm if :
1. The post for which the Search-cum-Selection Committee is being constituted is outside of the purview of UPSC.
2. The post is in Pay Band-4, Rs. 37400-67000/- with Grade Pay of Rs. 10000/- and above.
3. The Members who are being nominated to the Search-cum-Selection Committee are atleast one level above the post to which recruitment is being made.
4. The Committee consists of not more than 5 members including the Chairperson.
5. The Committee consists of Members having expertise in the relevant field of specialization. At least half the number of such experts should be from outside the Department.
6. The Composition has the approval of Minister-in-Charge of the Administrative Ministry/ Department.
7. Antecedents of the Experts who are being nominated to the Committee is enclosed .
Related to Your Search:
- Setting up of Search-cum-Selection Committees at 7th CPC Level 14 and above: DoPT Clarification
- Constitution of Search-cum-selection Committee for selection for appointment to a Board level post in Central Public Sector Enterprises(CPSEs)
- DoPT: Applications or Nominations for Chairperson and Members of Lokpal
- Dopt Orders: Representation of SC, ST, OBC, Minorities and the Women on Selection Board / Committees
- Delegation of powers to Ministries/ Departments for payment of Sitting Fee in respect of Non-officials of Committees/ Panels/ Boards
- Introduction of single window system for acceptance of proposals for framing/amendment of recruitment rules
- Setting up of Anomaly Committee of settle the Anomalies arising out of the implementation of the Seventh Pay Commissions recommendations
- Introduction of single window system for acceptance of proposals for framing/amendment of Recruitment Rules
- Members of Empowered Committee for processing the Report of the 7th Pay Commission