Separate counters to women passengers for buying train tickets
Facilities for Women Passengers for buying Train Tickets at Reservation Counters
Ministry of Railways has been providing special facilities to women passengers for conveniently buying tickets at railway reservation counters. The Ministry has further elaborated facilities as follows: –
(a) At computerized reservation office, a separate reservation counter should be earmarked for ladies if the average demand per shift is not less than 120 tickets.
(b) In case, there is no justification for earmarking of exclusive counter for ladies, the requests received from ladies should be dealt with along with the reservation requests of the specific categories viz. senior citizen, physically handicapped, ex. MPs, MLAs, accredited journalists, freedom fighters etc.
(c) At those reservation offices where separate reservation counters have not been earmarked for ladies and also those locations which have not been computerized, ladies/female passengers should not be compelled to join the general queues and be attended to separately at the same counter as for general passengers. A suitable notice board about the availability of this facility should also be displayed near the reservation counter. This facility will however be available only from 11:30 hours to avoid misuse of this facility by unscrupulous elements to block accommodation during opening hours of general and Tatkal reservation.
(d) Ladies may be allowed to purchase tickets from these reservation counters irrespective of persons for whom the reservation is being sought. However, no other persons will be allowed to purchase ticket for them from these counters.
(e) As far as earmarking of separate unreserved ticket counters for ladies, zonal Railways have been asked to assess the demand and do the needful based on the same.
Source: PIB News
Related to Your Search:
- Separate Reservation Counters for Women and Physically Challenged
- Now, book train tickets 30 minutes prior to departure
- Ministry of Railways Undertakes an Exercise of Rationalisation of Computerised Passenger Reservation System
- Now, cancelling train tickets will be just a phone call away
- Cancellation of trains – Information through SMS to passengers
- Defence Personnel will have better facility for collection of Train I-Tickets Booked on Defence Travel System
- Categories of Reservation Quotas in Indian Railways
- Railways – 50 Percent Concession for Male senior citizens and 40 Percent Concession for Lady senior citizens
- Indian Railways revises Passenger Reservation Form to extend the VIKALP option to passengers booking tickets through reservation windows