Sale of canteen items in open market
The below information was given by the Minister of Shri A.K.Antony in Lok Sabha in a written reply on 13.8.2012 pertaining to the sale of CSD Canteen items in open market.
Sale of liquor/groceries to entitled customers of Defence canteens is through Unit Run Canteens (URCs). To stop irregularities, smart cards with confidential PIN (Personal Identification Number) have been introduced so that authorized persons alone can avail canteen facilities. Monetary limits for purchase of goods have been fixed and are strictly being followed. Surprise checks are carried out by the administrative/security staff of the respective canteens.
Products are enlisted in the Canteen Stores Department (CSD) as per the needs of consumers. CSD ensures that only quality products are introduced.
The URCs are audited by Charted Accountants on annual basis.
Related to Your Search:
- Open market sale of CSD Canteen items
- CSD Canteen: Monetary limits for All Ranks wef from 01 Jun 2015 for Purchase of CSD Stores
- Ceiling limit for purchasing goods in CSD canteens
- List of Unit Run Canteens under CSD
- CLARIFICATION ON ISSUED ‘SOPs’ TO ALL COMPANIES SUPPLYING GOODS, CARS, TWO WHEELERS IN IMPLEMENTATION OF GST
- Whether the CSD employees of Canteen Store Department are entitled to avail Canteen facilities – Defence
- CSD 2021 – CSD Launched a new Online Portal – AFD from CSD Canteens CSD – AFD Online
- Strike by Employees of Defence Canteens (Rupees in Crore)
- State wise report of Unit Run Canteens under CSD