Revision of minimum rates of wages and variable dearness allowance w.e.f. 01.04.2016
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
RBE No.37/ 2016
New Delhi dated: 29.04.2016
The General Managers, Zonal Railways, Production Units and PSUs,
Metro Railway, Kolkata, CORE, Allahabad
The General Managers,(Construction), All Indian Railways
The Director General, RDSO, Lucknow
The DG/Railway Staff College, Vadodara
The Directors, IRICEN, IRIEEN, IRISET, IRIMEE, IRITM
The CAO, COFMOW, Tilak Bridge, New Delhi
The CAO, Rail Coach Factory / Raebareli, Kishan Ganj, Delhi-7
The CAO, Rail Wheel Plant, Bela
Sub: Revision of minimum rates of wages and variable dearness allowance w.e.f. 01.04.2016.
A copy each of Orders No.(i)1/13(3)/2016-LS.II, (ii) 1/13/(4)/2016-LS.II, (iii) 1/13/(5)2016-LS.II, (iv) 1/13/(6)/2016-LS.II and (v) 1/13/(7)2016- LS.II dated 31.01.2016 revising the rates of variable dearness allowance for contract workers engaged in (i) Construction or maintenance of roads or in Building operations etc. (ii) Stone mines for Stone breaking & Stone Crushing, (iii) loading and unloading operations in railway goods sheds, parcel offices of Railways, (iv) Employment of Sweeping and Cleaning excluding activities prohibited under the Employment of Manual Scavengers and Construction of Dry Latrines (Prohibition) Act, 1993 and (v) employment of Watch and Ward respectively is sent herewith for information and strict compliance. The rates are applicable w.e.f. 01.04.2016.
2. Railways, being Principal Employer are required to ensure that the contractors are complying with the provisions of the Contract Labour(R&A) Act, 1970 and Minimum wages Act, 1948 strictly and arranging prescribed minimum wages to the contract labourers.
3. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of Ministry of Railways. Please acknowledge receipt.
Director Establishment (LL)
Related to Your Search:
- Railways: Revision of minimum rates of wages and variable dearness allowance
- Railway Board Order: Revision of minimum rates of wages and variable dearness allowance w.e.f. 01.04.2017
- Minimum rates of wages and variable dearness allowance w.e.f. 01.10.2017: Railway Board Order RBE No. 178/2017
- Minimum rates of wages and variable dearness allowance w.e. f 01.10.2018
- Minimum rates of wages and variable dearness allowance w.e.f. 01.04.2020
- Revised rates of Variable Dearness Allowance Minimum Wages for Sweeping and Cleaning Worker w.e.f 1st October 2020 – Central Government Employees News
- Variable Dearness Allowance to Agriculture Employees from Oct 2018
- Revised Variable Dearness Allowance payable w.e.f 01.04.2020 to employees employed in WATCH AND WARD (without arms)
- Variable Dearness Allowance – Minimum Wages effect from 1.4.2019 – Chief Labour Commissioner (Central) Orders