Revision of House Rent Allowance for CPSE employees on the basis of Census – 2011
No. 2(46)/2012-DPE (WC)-GL-XIII /2015
Government of India
Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises
Department of Public Enterprises
Public Enterprises Bhawan,
Block No.14, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road,
Dated, the 07th Sept 2015
Subject : Re-classification/Upgradation of Cities/Towns on the basis of Census – 2011 for the purpose of grant of House Rent Allowance (HRA) for CPSE employees
The undersigned is directed to refer to para ‘7’ of DPE OM dated 26.11.2008, para ‘2’(iii) of OM dated 02.04.2009 and DPE OM dated 07/01/2013 on the subject cited above.
2. Department of Expenditure, vide OM No. 2/5/2014-E.II(B) dated 21/07/2015, has re- classified the cities/towns on the basis of Census-2011 as “X”, “Y” and “Z” for the purpose of HRA as enumerated in the Annexure to this OM.
3. It has been decided that the re-classification of cities/towns on the basis of census 2011 for the purpose of grant of HRA as contained in the Department of Expenditure OM dated 21/07/2015 would also be implemented in the Central Public Sector Enterprises with effect from 1st April 2015.
4. These guidelines would be applicable to the employees of CPSEs who are on 2007 IDA pay scale and also to the employees on 6th CPC recommendation based CDA pay scales.
5. All the administrative Ministries/Departments of the Government of India are requested to bring the foregoing to the notice of the public sector enterprises under their administrative control for their information and necessary action.
6. This issues with the approval of Minister (HI & PE).
Related to Your Search:
- Revision of classification cities for the purpose of House Rent Allowance and Transport Allowance to Central Government employees
- 7th CPC HRA : Grant of House Rent Allowance to Central Government employees on basis of Census-2011
- Finance Ministry issued orders on upgradation of cities / towns on the basis of Census 2011 for the purpose of House Rent Allowance
- Grant of Transport Allowance to Central Government employees: Finmin orders
- Confederation News – Upgradation of Cities on the basis of 2011 Census Figure – Government Reply to Confederation
- Demand to calculate House Rent Allowance based on Census 2011 should gain prominence..!
- Grant of HRA/Transport Allowance at enhanced rates to the Central Government employees as per Census 2011 – regarding.
- Based on the Census of 2011 HRA and TA increased for Central Government employees from April 2014
- Grant of Transport Allowance to Railway employees on the basis of revised classification of cities/towns/localities – AIRF