Ministry of Railways
Revision of Flexi Fare Scheme of Indian Railways
Flexi fare scheme has been introduced in Rajdhani, Shatabdi and Duronto trains from 09.09.2016. Under this scheme, the fare increases by 10% with every 10% of berths sold subject to maximum limit of 1.5 times in classes Second AC, Sleeper, Second Sitting (reserved), AC Chair Car and 1.4 times in 3rd AC class. No change has been made in the fare of First AC and Executive class.
Based on the feedback from different quarters, a committee was constituted to review the flexi fare scheme and based on certain recommendations of the committee, Flexi fare scheme in Rajdhani, Shatabdi & Duronto Trains has been rationalized as under:
Flexi fare scheme has been discontinued from 15 trains, with average monthly occupancy less than 50%, for full year and from 32 trains, with average monthly occupancy between 50 to 75%, during pre-defined lean period of 3 months (February, March & August).
Maximum cap of flexi fare scheme has been reduced to 1.4 times in all flexi fare applicable classes.
Graded discount has been introduced in flexi fare trains and Humsafar trains, where class-wise occupancy is less than 60%, 4 days prior to scheduled departure of the train as under:-
|Up to 70%||20% on last fare|
|70 to 80%||10% on last fare|
The above changes have been implemented for the journey commencing on 15.03.2019 and onwards.
This information was given by the Minister of State of Railways, Shri Rajen Gohain in a written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Flexi fare in Premium Trains
- Clarification regarding admissibility of flexi-fare in Shatabdi/Rajdhani/Duronto trains while availing LTC
- Ministry of Railways Decides to Introduce Tatkal Scheme in Passenger Trains
- Indian Railways announced on Tuesday an increase in ticket price across its network from 1 January 2020
- Ministry of Railway modifies the passenger fare revision circular in connection with Monthly Season Tickets (MST) and second class suburban fare
- Travel by Premium Trains on LTC- Clarification orders issued by DoPT on 27.1.2015
- Levy of Service Tax on Railway Passengers Travelling in Ac Classes/First Class from 1st October 2012
- Revision of Passenger Fare & Freight Rate will Come into Effect from 25.6.2014
- Charging higher fares in Premium Tatkal tickets