Pre 1996 pensioners
BHARAT PENSIONERS’ SAMAJ
The Surveyor General of India
Survey of India, P.B. No. 37,
Dehra Dun Uttarakhand) 248001.
(kind attention: Dr. UR. Mishra, DSG),
Sub. Revision of pension of pre 1996 retirees. Unanimous Resolution No. 16 adopted at the 66th AGM( Virtual) of BPS on 30th Nov 2021.
Ref. Your No. 01-286/2158- Lok Shikayat dated 22.2.2022.
Thank you for your response to our letter for follow up action on the Resolution No. 16, to remove the Genuine Grievances of the Community of Pensioners in India.
The purpose behind these efforts is to bring relief to the community of pensioners in the country, who gave their best to the Govt., in their heyday.
In this particular case, you will readily appreciate that the persons aggrieved are very old pensioners(now in their 80’s and older) who retired before 1.1.96.
This Resolution was adopted as the affected pensioners, whose post had been upgraded on 1.1.96, brought to notice of the General Body of BPS that many of them(including Pre-96 Retired Deputy Directors, Survey of India) were suffering right from 1.1.96, as their pensions were being paid on the Routine Basis of Last Pay Drawn in the then prevailing lower pay scale for the post, which is INAPPLICABLE in their cases as it infringes the sanctified principle of Modified’ Parity of Pensions granted under DoP& PW OM dated 17.12.1998. First their pension on 1.1.96 needs to be revised in accordance with above quoted OM of 17.12.1998. so as to ensure that it is not less than what they are entitled to at the minimum of the Revised scale of the post on 1.1.96(and then on 1.1.2006),
Your routine reply that you have Revised earlier pensions as per Gov’t. Orders quoted by you does not redress their pathetic Grievance as their pension prior to 1.1.2016 itself was wrong and needed to be revised. It is pointed out that the orders quoted by you do not supersede the earlier orders, but only add to them. All relevant orders of the Gov’t. have to be followed strictly. First Their existing pensions on 1.1.96 and then on 1.1.2006 have to be revised; and their entitled pension on Parity w.e.f. 1.1.2016 has to be determined with use of applicable Concordance Table (pertaining to the upgraded scale) at the correct stage, as per Extant Gov’t. Orders. Since the ultimate purpose is not merely to know why the genuine Grievances have escaped redress so far but also to take appropriate measures to remove them without any further delay, I would request you to kindly revise their pensions first from 1.1.96 and then from 1.1.2006. Thereafter, their pension may be revised w.e.f.1.1.2016, as per the Orders quoted by you.
In view of the long time that has already elapsed in doing justice to very old/hapless pensioners/family pensioners and the nominees of life-time arrears, it is requested that IMMEDIATE action may, now, kindly be initiated to revise their pensions from 1.1.96 and disburse the Arrears at the earliest.
Bharat Pensioners Samaj would be grateful to you for this act of kindness to hapless old pensioners in the evening of their lives.
Secretary General, Bharat Pensioners Samaj.
Copy w.c.t. the Secretary, DS&T, Technology Bhawan, New Mehrauli Road, Qutab Enclave, New Delhi 110016, along with a copy of Resolution No. 16.
Copy to Shri GS Oberoi, President, AIAROSI, E 64, Sector 21, Jal Vayu Vihar, Noida(UP) 201301.
Related to Your Search:
- Revision of Pension of Pre 2006 Pensioners who retired from posts where pay scales have been merged /upgraded: BPS writes to PM
- Welfare of Pensioners of Autonomous/Statutory Bodies of Central Government
- Pre 2006 Pensioners : Benefits of 6th CPC to pre 2006 Pensioners – reg.
- Payment of arrears of pension for the period 1-1-2006 to 23-9-2012: Kindly stop driving every affected individual pensioner to the Courts of law
- Pre 2006 Pensioner’s Court Case: Status as on 01 July 2013
- Revision of disability pension and family pension under CCS(EOP)Rules to pre 1996 and pre-2006 disability pensioners and family pension under CCS (EOP) Rules
- 50% Dearness Relief Merger or Interim Relief for Central Government Pensioner: Bharat Pensioners Samaj’s letter to Finance Minister
- 7th Pay Commission Pension Revision for Pre-2016 Pensioners: Importance of implementation of Option 1
- BPS appeal to release 3% of Dearness Relief installment due wef 01.07.2021 to FM