Review of Work Performance under FR 56(j) and Rule 48 of Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972
Review of Work Performance
The below statement said in written reply to a question in Lok Sabha on 1st August, 2018 regarding steps taken to identify dull officers and action taken against such officers…
Review of performance of Government servants is an ongoing process under Fundamental Rule 56(j) and Rule 48 of Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972, which provide that the performance of a Government servant on attaining a specified age or qualifying years of service is to be reviewed and he/she can be retired in public interest.The instructions on the procedure to be adopted and various aspects to be kept in view while conducting periodical review under provisions of the said rules have been issued from time to time.
As per available information provided by cadre controlling authorities, performance of a total of 25,082 Group ‘A’ and 54,873 Group ‘B’ officers has been reviewed up to May 2018; and provisions of Fundamental Rule 56 (j)/ relevant rules were invoked/ recommended against 93 Group ‘A’ and 132 Group ‘B’ officers out of these.
Confidential Rolls (CRs) / Performance Appraisal Reports (PARs) of IAS officers are written for each financial year or as may be specified by the Government in the form and as per the schedule prescribed in the All India Services (Performance Appraisal Report) Rules, 2007. The appraisal form of IAS officers, inter alia, provides for comments on the overall quality of officers including areas of strength and his attitude towards weaker sections.
Related to Your Search:
- Policy for Removal of Non-Performing Civil Servants
- Policy for Non-Performing Civil Servants
- APAR – Reflection of utilization of Government e-Marketplace (GeM) in Annual Performance Assessment Report
- Periodic Review of Central Government Employees under FR 56(j)/(I) and Rule 48 of CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972
- 225 Group ‘A’ and ‘B’ officers punished for non-performance: Central Government
- Government to destroy babus performance appraisal reports
- All India Services (Performance Appraisal Report) Amendment Rules, 2017
- Draft CCS Performance Appraisal Report Rules, 2019 – seeking comments of Ministries / Departments
- Strengthening of administration Periodic review of Central Government Employees under Fundamental Rule (FR) 56(j)/(l) and Rule 48 of CCS (pension) Rules, 1972