Resolving of old pension cases
Ministries/Departments of the Government sanction pension/family pension as per Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972 and send pension papers through Pay and Accounts Office and Central Pension Accounting Office to the pension disbursing agency, which is generally a public sector bank. This department monitors grievances of retiring employees/pensioners through Centralised Pension Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPENGRAMS). The department rigorously monitors the grievances registered under CPENGRAMS. Various reports are generated and examined on the cases of delay/ pendency/non-payment. There is no grievance case, including that of lonely women, pending for over 10 years. There is no proposal under consideration for opening of Fast Track Unit of pension to resolve old and pending cases.
This was stated by the Minister of State in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions and Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office Dr. Jitendra Singh in a written reply to a question by Shri Anubhav Mohanty in the Rajya Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Streamlining Action on Pension grievances-uploading of replies given by the Ministries/Departments to the petitioner on CPENGRAMS
- CPENGRAMS – Toll Free Number 1800-11-1960 for Pensioners
- Grievance Officer to take up public complaints every Wednesday
- 7th CPC Additional Pension and Family Pension to the old pensioners
- Speedy disposal of pensions grievances, especially lodged by Family Pensioners and Super Senior Pensioners 80 years & above age
- Pension related complaints
- Government mechanism available for redressal of pensioners grievances
- 29 cases resolved at the Second ‘Pension Adalat’
- ‘Pensioners’ Portal’ Website – 17 Lakh Hits Received