RESERVATION TO CHILDREN BORN FROM ST MOTHER AND NON-ST FATHER.
Whether the Government provides reservation in jobs and other benefits to the children born from a Scheduled Tribe mother and a non-Scheduled Tribe father..?
The below information was given by the Minister of State in the Ministry of Tribal Affairs Shri.Mahadeo Singh Khandela in a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha on 31st August, 2012.
In terms of instructions issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs, when a Schedule Tribe women may have children from marriage with a non-Schedule Tribe man, the children may be treated as Scheduled Tribes only if the members of Scheduled Tribe Community accept them and treat them as members of their own community. However, each individual case will have to be examined in the light of existing facts and circumstances in such cases.
Data about the number of such families is not maintained in the Ministry of Tribal Affairs. The Ministry of Tribal Affairs has not conducted any survey to ascertain the number of such cases.
Related to Your Search:
- Enhancement of Reservation for SCs & STs – Rajya Sabha Q&A
- Reservation in promotion for Scheduled Tribes
- SC/ST Govt. Servants can write to Commissioner for SC and ST direct
- Indian railways announced that can able to Change Passenger name in IRCTC Reserved Ticket
- Change of father’s name of students of Kendriya Vidyalayas – regarding.
- Change in Limitation Period of cases pertaining to correction in Name (C/N, M/N, F/N) / Date of Birth from one to five year
- Reservation in promotion – Minister replied in Rajya Sabha
- Changes in Reservation Policy
- Announcement of new Passport Rules