Reservation in promotion
Minister of Dopt Shri.V.Narayanasamy replied to a question in Rajaya Sabha regarding the reservation policy in promotion on 8th August, 2012. The details was given as written reply that “The Supreme Court in the matter of M.Nagaraj Vs. Union of India has held that the constitutional amendments made to enable the State to provide reservation are constitutionally valid. However, the States have to collect quantifiable data showing backwardness of the class and inadequacy of representation of that class in public employment, keeping in mind maintenance of efficiency of administration, as indicated by Article 335”.
Recently, the Supreme Court in the matter of Rajesh Kumar Vs. Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited has struck down the provision of reservation in promotion in the services of State of Uttar Pradesh, because the aforesaid requirements were not complied with.
The aforesaid judgment is in respect of services of State of Uttar Pradesh.
Related to Your Search:
- RESERVATION IN PROMOTION
- Reservation in promotion – Minister replied in Rajya Sabha
- Reservation in promotion to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes
- Cabinet approves Bill providing quota in promotions for SC/ST in Govt jobs
- Changes in Reservation Policy
- Reservations to SC and ST in promotions in the posts of Assistant Engineer (Civil) in Public Works Department
- Direct Recruitment to Group C – Reservation Fixed on the basis of Population
- There should be No Reservation in Promotions – Supreme Court
- Reservation in promotion for Scheduled Tribes