Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment
Reservation for Scheduled Castes
31 JUL 2018
The Constitution of India provides proportionate representation to Scheduled Castes in House of People, Legislative Assemblies of the States, Panchayats and Municipalities. Reservation in admission to educational institutions and services under the State is also available to Scheduled Castes under the Constitution. The Supreme Court has held that reservation in educational institutions and services under the State for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes should not ordinarily exceed 50%.
This information was given by Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment Shri Vijay Sampla in a written reply in Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Enhancement of Reservation for SCs & STs – Rajya Sabha Q&A
- Reservation Provisions for SC/ST/OBC – Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment
- Reservation Policy : Revision of Income limit of Creamy Layer for OBCs
- INCREASE IN RESERVATION QUOTA
- No proposal for giving reservation in Government jobs in the ratio of population
- Dopt Orders – Brochure on reservation for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes in services
- DoPT: Reservation for Economically Weaker Sections (EWSs) in civil posts and services in the Government of India
- Direct Recruitment to Group C – Reservation Fixed on the basis of Population
- Cabinet approves reservation in Teachers Cadre Ordinance, 2019