Relaxation of requirement of 4 APARs for Section Officer LDCE 2012 & 2013
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel & Training)
Lok Nayak Bhawan,
New Delhi October 23, 2013.
Whereas the Central Secretariat Service Section Officers’ Grade (Limited Departmental Competitive Examination) Regulations, 2010 provide that for being eligible to appear in the Section Officers’ Grade (Limited Departmental Competitive Examination) (hereinafter referred to as ‘examination’) an officer of the Assistants’ Grade of the Central Secretariat Service (CSS) or of Personal Assistants’ Grade (Stenographer Grade ‘C’) of the Central Secretariat Stenographers’ Service (CSSS) possessing a Bachelor’s Degree of a recognised university or equivalent shall, inter-alia, satisfy the following condition on the crucial date:
“He shall have rendered not less than five years’ approved service and shall also have, earned at least four Annual Performance Appraisal Reports in .the Assistants’ Grade of the Central Secretariat Service or Personal Assistants’ Grade of Central Secretariat Stenographers’ Service.”
2. And whereas in response to the notice for the Combined Section Officers/Stenographers’(Grade-B/Grade-l) Limited Departmental Competitive Examination 2012 & 2013, representations from individuals were received stating that the condition of four Annual Performance Appraisal Reports (APAR) as on the crucial date for eligibility for the SO Grade 1DCE, was adversely affecting them as they would not be eligible for the forthcoming examination due to not having obtained the requisite number of APARs whereas many of their juniors appointed by the same mode of recruitment would be eligible.
3. And whereas the Government on consideration of the matter observed that introduction of the new condition of four APARs is creating incongruity in so far as many junior Assistants/PAs are eligible for taking the examination for the years 2012 and 2013 but the seniors are not, as they have not obtained four APARs in that grade as on the crucial date due to either late joining in the case of direct recruits on account of administrative delays or due to late finalisation of Select Lists in the case of promotes. As a result, an anomalous situation has arisen whereby officers senior in the Select List or in rank in the direct recruitment examination would not be eligible to sit for the forthcoming examination due to not obtaining the requisite APARs while their juniors would be eligible to take the examination.
4. And whereas the Government has on consideration decided that the condition of four APARs for the examination is causing undue hardship to those Assistants/PAs who have completed at least five years of approved service but are not eligible to appear in the examination for the years 2012 & 2013 as hey have not obtained four APARs due to administrative reasons, while their juniors are eligible for the examination.
5. And now, therefore, to bring about uniformity in the eligibility condition for all the candidates for the examination for the years 2012 & 2013 for category –I and to avoid undue hardship to many Assistants/PAs as an exception, and in exercise of the powers conferred by Rule 23 of the Central Secretariat Service Rules, 2009, the competent authority has decided to relax the condition relating to the requirement of four APARs, on the crucial date, in the Assistants ‘Grade of CSS or Personal Assistant Grade of CSSS contained in Regulation 4 of the Section Officers ‘Grade (Limited Department competitive Examination) Regulations, 2010. Consequently Assistants of CSS and Personal Assistants of CSSS who have rendered five years ‘Approved service in the respective grades as on the crucial date would be eligible to appear in the combined Section Officers’/Stenographers’(Grade-B/Grade-I) Limited Departmental Competitive Examination 2012 & 2013 for Category-I (Section Officer of CSS).
(Utkaarsh R Tiwaati)
Related to Your Search:
- Dopt Orders – Relaxation in eligibility condition for Combined Section Officers/PS Grade Limited Departmental Competitive Examination-2012 & 2013
- 7th Pay Commission News: Non-secretariat staff upset over pay disparity with secretariat staff
- Central Secretariat Service (Amendment) Rules, 2016
- Ratio of Promotion in CSS
- Combined Section Officers’/Stenographers’ (Gr. ‘B’/Gr.I) Limited Departmental Competitive Examination, 2012 and 2013.
- Vacant Posts in CSSS
- Combined Section Officers /Stenographers (Gr.’B’/Gr.l) Limited Departmental Competitive Examination, 2009, 2010 and 2011
- Section Officers Stenographers (GradeB/gradeI) Limited Departmental Competitive Examination, 2014
- Relaxation in the eligibility criteria for appearing in the Combined SO/PS Limited Departmental Competitive Examination (LDCE) for Private Secretary (PS) grade of CSSS- representations regarding