F. No, 31011/1/2020-Estt. A.IV
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Establishment (A-IV) Desk
North Block, New Delhi
Dated: 23rd November, 2021
Subject: Reimbursement of cancellation/reschedule charges for air/train tickets booked for the purpose of LTC and repayment of LTC advance due to Covid-19 pandemic – regarding.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s O.Ms of even number dated 07.01.2021 (copy enclosed) and 05.02.2021 (copy enclosed) on the above mentioned subject.
2. In Para 3(i) of the aforementioned O.M. dated 07.01.2021, it was provided as under:
“Ministries/ Departments are delegated the power to reimburse the cancellation/ reschedule charges of air/ train tickets, as a one-time relaxation, to such Government servants who had booked advance air/ train tickets for the purpose of LTC journey during the Lockdown period from 24t March, 2020 to 31st May, 2020 but were not able to perform the journey due to cancellation/rescheduling of flights/ trains during that period. Such Government servants seeking reimbursement of cancellation/reschedule charges shall be required to produce the receipt of cancellation/ re-schedule charges incurred by them.”
3. The above mentioned matter has been reviewed in consultation with the Department of Expenditure and it has been decided to allow the relaxation, as provided in para 3(i) of OM dated 07.01.2021, wef. 21.03.2020 to 31.05.2020 in lieu of 24.03.2020 to 31.05.2020, for reimbursement of cancellation/rescheduling charges of air/train tickets for LTC journeys.
4. Further, para 3(ii) of the aforementioned OM dated 07.01.2021 is as under, which were further clarified vide OM of even number dated 05.02.2021.
“In cases where the airlines have kept the refund amount in ‘Credit Shell’, Ministries/Departments may extend the period of 3 repayment of LTC advance taken by the Government servant for LTC journey scheduled during the lockdown period (March-May, 2020), till 28.02.2021 or till such time the amount in ‘Credit Shell’ is utilised by the Government servant to perform LTC journey, whichever is earlier. Also, penal interest may not be charged on LTC advance amount taken by the Government servant on LTC journey scheduled during the lockdown period.”
5. In this regard, it has been decided to extend the period of repayment of LTC advance taken by such Government servants till 30.11.2021, instead of 28.02.2021 or till such time the amount placed in ‘credit shell’ is utilised by the Government servant to perform LTC journey, whichever is earlier.
6. Hindi version will follow.
Encl: As above
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- LTC Rules for Central Government Employees -Dopt Order 2021
- Reimbursement of cancellation/ reschedule charges for air/ train tickets booked for the purpose of LTC and relaxation of LTC advance due to COVID-19 pandemic – relaxation
- Train cancellation due to Covid 19 – All passenger trains canceled until 3 May 2020
- Central Government Employees now get LTC advance ahead of 4 months of journey
- Advance Reservation Period for Booking Reserved Train Tickets Reduced to 60 Days from Existing 120 Days from Tomorrow i.e. 1.5.2013
- Advance Reservation Period for Booking Reserved Train Tickets increased from 60 days to 120 days from 1st april 2015
- Advance Reservation Period for Booking Reserved Train Tickets Increased From Existing 60 Days to 120 Days from 1st April 2015
- Procedure Order for Implementing Service Tax Refunds on Passenger Fare Tickets Booked and Cancelled on or after 01.10.2012
- Cancellation of trains – Information through SMS to passengers