Recruitment in Armed Forces
There is no proposal under consideration of the Government to introduce reservation for Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Other Backward Classes for recruitment in the armed forces. Recruitment in the armed forces is based on merit and is open to all citizens irrespective of class, caste, community, region or religion. Nature of operational and administrative challenges under which the armed forces function precludes reservation for recruitment in the armed forces.
This information was given by Defence Minister Shri Manohar Parrikar in a written reply to Shri Tapas Paul in Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Vacant Posts in Defence Forces
- Facilities to Defence Personnel
- Discrimination in Structure of Military Service Pay – Defence Minister Reply
- Reviewing Pay and Allowances of Armed Forces Personnel
- Defence – Modernisation of Armed Forces
- One Rank One Pension Scheme
- Satisfied with Parrikar response on pay commission: Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha
- DEFENCE – Raksha Mantri Reviews Operational and Procurement Matters of Armed Forces
- 7th Pay Commission: Discussing Armed Forces Anomalies with PM : Parrikar