Recovery/adjustment of Interim Relief paid to the Pensioners/Family Pensioners
Government of West Bengal
Finance Department, Pension Branch
Block No.IV,2nd Floor,
Kolkata – 700 001
Subject: Recovery/adjustment of Interim Relief paid to the Pensioners/Family Pensioners, if any,whose pension/family pension is/was determined with respect to the pay of the retired/deceased employee covered under UGC/AICTE scale.
Consequent upon issue of this Deptt. Memo. No. 224- F(Pen) dated 03.06.2016 the Pensioners /Family Pensioners of the State Government and Government Sponsored or aided non Government educational institutions, local bodies, statutory bodies, boards, corporations, undertakings etc., covered under Finance Department Resolution No. 8071-F(P) dt. 27.11.2015 have been allowed the benefit of Interim relief @ 8% of the Basic Pension with effect from 01.07.2016.
2.Now, in view of the fact that the service and pay of the college teachers and others in the UGC/ AICTE scale is since not covered under the terms of reference of the Resolution issued vide No.8070-F(P) dated 27.11.2015, a question has raised whether the Pensioners/Family Pensioners of college who are/were entitled to pension/family pension from the State Government but on determination of the pension/family pension with respect to the last-pay of the retired/deceased employee in the UGC/ AICTE scale, are entitled to the Interim relief.
3.It is hereby clarified that the benefit of Interim relief contemplated in this Deptt. Memo No.224- F(Pen) dated 03.06.2016 relates to the grant only in respect of the Pensioners/Family Pensioners whose pension/family pension thus fixed on the basis of the pay and the service are covered in the terms of reference of the 6th Pay Commission as per the Resolution issued vide No.8070-F(P) dated 27.11.2015. Accordingly, the Pensioners/Family Pensioners of Govt. Colleges & Non-Govt. Colleges covered under the UGC/AICTE scales of pay, i.e. retired teaching staff including Librarian, Laboratory Instructors, Physical Instructors, Demonstrators of Govt. & Non Govt.General Degree Colleges, Engineering Colleges & Polytechnic Colleges and all other Pensioners/Family Pensioners of such category whose service and pay are not covered in the Resolution ibid, are not entitled to the grant of Interim Relief under Memo No. 224- F(Pen) dated 03.06.2016.
4.Payment of the Interim Relief allowed to the category of Pensioners/Family Pensioners who are not entitled to such grant as clarified at Para- 3 above, if any, is liable to be recovered/adjusted immediately from the pension relief, as per rules, in 5 (five) instalments starting from the month of November, 2017.
5.All the Pension Disbursing Authorities may act accordingly.
Joint Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal
Related to Your Search:
- Payment of Dearness Allowance to State Government Employees and Dearness Relief to State Service Pensioners/Family Pensioners – Revised rates effective from 01/07/2017
- Kerala Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief revised rates effective form 01.07.2015
- Revised DA from 1st January 2015 for Kerala State Govt Employees and Pensioners
- Sanction of 6% dearness Relief on the pension of the pensioners of the state of Madhya pradesh.
- Sanction of 7% dearness relief on the Pension of the Pensioner of the State of Madhya Pradesh.(w.e.f. 01-01-2014)
- 7th CPC Pension News : Separate orders will be issued to Armed Forces pensioners/family pensioners
- Grant of Dearness Relief to Central Government pensioners who are in receipt of provisional pension or pension in the per-revised scale of 5th CPC w.e.f. 1.7.2012
- FAQ on Dearness Relief to Central Civil Pensioners
- Expected Pension / Family Pension Table in 7th Pay Commission