Rajnath Singh orders all Directors General to ensure good food for paramilitary jawans
Amidst complaints of poor quality food being served to jawans, Home Minister Rajnath Singh today directed all paramilitary forces to ensure that quality food is served to all personnel under their rolls.
At a high-level meeting, attended by Directors General of CRPF, BSF, CISF, SSB, ITBP etc., the Home Minister said that the food served to the jawans and others should be good and there should be no room for any complaint, according to official sources.
Singh said paramilitary personnel are deployed in hostile and difficult terrain and if bad food is served they would be demoralised.
The paramilitary personnel should always be served with quality food and the chiefs of the organisations must ensure that, he said.
The Home Minister is also learnt to have expressed his unhappiness over more than 160 CRPF jawans falling ill in Kerala due to food poisoning recently.
There have been several complaints in the past regarding poor quality food being served to paramilitary jawans, leading to the Home Ministry ordering an inquiry.
Related to Your Search:
- Retired paramilitary veterans to protest in Delhi tomorrow
- Demand for one-rank one-pension to be considered: Rajnath Singh
- Paramilitary chiefs meet Rajnath, discuss 7th Pay Commission report
- Rajnath Singh launched the website ‘Bharat Ke Veer’ to facilitate monetary contribution to the kin of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) jawans
- 7th Pay Commission – Five Directors Generals of Paramilitary Forces Met the Home Minister and registered their grievances
- Railways to provide fresh food cooked after every two hours
- 7th Pay Commission – Rajnath Singh Assures Recommendations will be Implemented before June 30
- Railways Launches Toll Free Helpline Number for Catering Related Complaints
- Union Home Minister announced ex-gratia amount of Rs.25 lakh