Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008 – Revised pay structure of ancillary staff of RPF/RPSF – Railway Board Orders
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
RBE No. 62/2013
New Delhi, dated 03-07-2013
The General Manger and CAO(R),
All Indian Railways & Production Units
(As per mailing list)
Sub: Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008 – Revised pay structure of ancillary staff of RPF/RPSF
Ref: Board’s letter No. PC-VI/2008/I/3/1 dated 29-10-2008 (Para 4)
Consequent upon implementation of recommendations of Sixth Central Pay Commission in respect of Followers of various Central Para Military Forces as accepted by Government, the issue of revision of pay structure of Ancillary staff of RPF/RPSF has been under consideration of the Ministry of Railways in consultation with Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Home Affairs for some time.
2. President is now pleased to decide as follows:
(a) All the posts of ‘ancillary staff’ of RPF/RPSF in pre-revised pay scales Rs.2610-3540, 2650-4000 and 2750-4400 may be placed in PBI with GP Rs.2000 with effect from 1.I.2006.
(b) Consequent upon placement in PBI GP Rs.2000, above posts will get reclassified as Group ‘C’ posts in terms of Board’s letter No. PC-VI/2009/I/RSRP/4 (RRE No.5/2010) dated 08.01.2010.
(c) After conversion of posts of Ancillary staff as above, the posts would be re-designated as Constable (name of trade) viz. Constable (Barber). Constable (Safaiwala), Constable (Washerman), Constable (Mali) etc.
(d) Ancillary staff who have already undergone basic training (including weapons training) would be placed in revised pay structure as above as per the provisions of Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008. Ancillary staff who have not undergone training as above, will be subjected to re-training programme (including weapon training) for a duration not exceeding 3 months during working days and not more than 2 hours a day, as per the detailed instructions to be issued by Security Directorate. On successful completion of training they will be allowed the benefit of revised pay structure as above. Arrears as due may be drawn accordingly.
(e) Recruitment Rules/provisions of RPF Act/RPF Rules/Directives/standing orders etc. will accordingly be modified to make recruitment in each trade duly keeping view the RRs in other CPMFs for such posts. Above recruitment rules / other relevant conditions like rank/status etc. will have no linkage with the posts of Constables of Executive side or Drivers of RPF/RPSF. Further, the recruitment qualification for future recruitment will not be lower than Matriculation/ITI i.e. the lowest qualification prescribed by 6th CPC for entry into government service.
(f) There will be no change in the total sanctioned strength of Battalion/Company due to conversion of the posts of Ancillary staff in/as Gr. C posts.
(g) Functions of various trades will he reviewed and multi-skilling as deemed necessary will be introduced.
(h) The practice of deployment of Constables/Ancillary staff at the residence of officers, wherever in vogue, will be stopped forth with and wherever they are required to be deployed at the residences of officers due to operational reasons, it will be done after obtaining prior sanction of competent authority.
3. Action for re-fixation of pay and drawal and disbursement of arrears should be completed immediately as per the provisions of Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules.2008 and detailed procedure laid down in Board’s letter No.PC-V1/2008/RSRP/1 dated 11.9.2008 (RBE No.108/2008). Further as per clarification available in Board’s letter No.PC-VI/2008/I/RSRP/I dated 11.11.2008 (RBE No.172/2008) for fixation of pay of existing employees (as on 1.1.2006), fitment tables, corresponding to actual pre revised scale applicable to the employee, as annexed with Board’s letter dated 11.09.2008 shall be utilized for the purpose of determination of pay in the pay band. To the pay in pay band so determined Grade Pay of Rs.2000/- will be added.
4. This issues in consultation with Security dte.(DG/RPF) and with the concurrence of Finance directorate of this Ministry.
Director Pay Commission-II
Related to Your Search:
- 7th CPC Grant of Rs. 2000/- to Drivers Gr-III RPF-RPSF Constable
- Fixation of pay of existing Group ‘D’ employees in the revised pay structure
- Re-exercise of option under Rule 6 of the Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008
- Medically incapacitated staff of Railway Protection Force / Railway Protection Special Force may be absorbed in alternative jobs
- Re-engagement of retired staff on daily remuneration basis in exigencies of services: Railway Board Order
- Regulation of entitlement of Passes & PTOs till issue of orders on the basis of Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016
- Latest position of vacancies available in Railways
- Railway Vacancies – 8619 Railway Constable : Employment News
- Revised methodology for fixing the pay of Running Staff category in 7th CPC scales