Railwaymen likely to get 78 days bonus
|Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu|
New Delhi: Railway employees are likely to be given 78-day wages as productivity-linked bonus (PLB) for the fiscal 2014-15, the same as in the last three years, despite the financial crunch.
The proposal to give 78-day bonus to railwaymen is likely to come up tomorrow at the Cabinet meeting, sources said.
If the Cabinet decides tomorrow for a 78-day bonus then about 12 lakh railway employees will get about Rs 8897 as bonus this month, they said.
There will be about 11 lakh railway employees who will get the benefit of PLB and it is estimated to cost more than Rs 800 crores to the public transporter.
In 2011-12, 2012-13 and 2013-14 also, 78-day wages were given as PLB to railway employees.
Productivity-linked bonus is paid to railway employees each year before the Dussehra festival.
However, General Secreatry of National Railway Federation of Indian Railwaymen M Raghavaiah said “We are demanding to increase the ceiling of Rs 3,500 per month as Labour Ministry has also advocated for the hike in bonus and we have written to Prime Minister for this.
“But since the election code of conduct is in force, the government has to have special permission from the Election Commission to raise the amount.
Related to Your Search:
- Cabinet approved Payment of PLB to railway employees for the FY 2018-19 – PIB
- Bonus 2015 : Cabinet approved 78 Days for Railway Employees
- Railway Bonus : Centre May Announce 78 Day Wages As Bonus
- 78 Days’ PL Bonus to Railway Employees (Rs. 8975) – Cabinet Approval
- Railway Bonus: Payment of Productivity Linked Bonus to the Railwaymen for the year 2013-14
- Cabinet approves Productivity Linked Bonus for Railway Employees
- Indian Railway Bonus 2019 – Railway employees will get bonus equivalent to 78 days of wages
- Railways likely to declare 78-day bonus: PTI News
- AIRF demands 80 days bonus for Railway Employees