Good News For Railwaymen: Centre May Announce 78 Day Wages As Bonus
Ahead of the festive season, railway employees are likely to get 78 day wages as bonus this year, the same as in the last four years despite the financial crunch.
We have demanded 78 day wages as productivity linked bonus (PLB) for railway employee this year and expecting the government to declare the same next week,”National Federation of Indian Railwaymen General Secretary M Raghavaiah told Press Trust of India.
Productivity linked bonus is paid to about 12 lakh railway employees each year before the Dussehra festival.
Mr Raghavaiah said the 78 day wage is expected to be around Rs. 18,000 per employee. In 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14 and 2014-15 also, 78 day wages were also given as PLB to railway employees.
Facing a shortfall of about Rs. 10,000 crore in the earnings due to slowdown in loadings and drop of passengers in short train journey, the railways will get the cabinet approval for the 78 day bonus proposal next week.
The bonus decision is expected to cost the railways about Rs. 2000 crore.
All-India Railwaymen’s Federation General Secretary Shiv Gopal Mishra said the bonus is expected to motivate the employees to improve the financial position of the public transporter.
Mr Mishra said, “Since the PLB ceiling has been revised to Rs. 7000 from Rs. 3500, we expect each employee will get double the amount as against the last year’s bonus.”
Last year, the minimum bonus paid was Rs. 8,975 per employee.
PLB covers all non gazetted railway employees (excluding RPF/RPSF personnel) spread over the entire country.
Source : NDTV
Related to Your Search:
- Railway Bonus 2018 – PLB 78 Days to Railway Employees
- Railway Employees likely to get 78-day Bonus
- Productivity Linked Bonus for the financial year 2016-17 to be paid in the current year 2017
- Payment of Productivity Linked Bonus (PLB) to the Railway employees for the year 2019-2020
- Railways likely to declare 78-day bonus: PTI News
- Railway Bonus: Payment of Productivity Linked Bonus to the Railwaymen for the year 2013-14
- Railway Bonus – Payment of Productivity Linked Bonus to the Railway employees for the year 2018-19
- Indian Railway Bonus 2019 – Railway employees will get bonus equivalent to 78 days of wages
- Bonus 2015 : Cabinet approved 78 Days for Railway Employees