Qualification for recruitment of staff from open market in Pay Band-I (Grade Pay: Rs.1800)
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA (BHARAT SARKAR)
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS (RAIL MANTRALAYA)
No. E (NG)-II/2009/RR-1/10Pt.
New Delhi, Dated: 9/12/2013
The General Manager (P),
All Zonal Railways/Production Units
(As per mailing list)
Sub: Qualification for recruitment of staff from open market in Pay Band-I (Grade Pay: Rs.1800).
Attention is invited to this Ministry’s letter of even number dated 09/12/2010 wherein minimum educational qualification for all recruitments against direct recruitment quota through all modes has been prescribed as 10th pass or ITI or equivalent.
2. The issue whether candidates with 8th pass qualification and in possession of qualification of Course Completed Act Apprenticeship, who are granted National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) by National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) can be considered for appointment/engagement to posts in Pay Band-I (Grade Pay: Rs.1800).
3. The issue has been examined in consultation with Directorate General of Employment &Training (DGET), M/o Labour & Employment, Man Power Planning Directorate & Pay Commission Directorate of this Ministry and it has been decided that para 2 of Board’s letter ofeven number dated 09/12/2010 may be read as under:-
2. The Ministry of Railways have decided that henceforth minimum educational qualification for recruitment in Pay Band-I of Rs.5200-20200 having Grade Pay of Rs.1800/- will be 10th pass or ITI or equivalent or National Apprenticeship Certificate(NAC) granted by NCVT. These instructions will be applicable for all future recruitment henceforth against direct recruitment quota through all modes.
4. Cases decided in the past need not be re-opened.
Please acknowledge receipt.
(Hindi version will follow).
(This disposes off Western Railway’s lettr No. E(R&T) 891/21 (Act.App.)Vol.II dated 02/1/2013, 12/3/2013, 26/412013&20/7/2013 and Northern Railways letter No.844-E/149/Act App/JUDW/Rectt/2012/Loose dated 19/9/2013}
Director Estt. (N)-II
Related to Your Search:
- Minimum educational qualification for recruitment of staff from open market in Level-l of the pay matrix of 7th CPC
- Minimum educational qualification for recruitment of staff from open market in Level-1 of the pay matrix of 7th CPC
- 7th CPC Minimum Educational Qualification for appointment in Level-l of the pay matix on compassionate grounds
- Minimum educational qualification for open market recruitment to the post of Pharmacist Gr.III in the Medical Department on the railways
- Promotional Avenue of ESMs in S&T Department
- Clarification regarding qualification prescribed for direct recruitment to the post of Lab. Supdt., Gr.III in Pay Band of Rs.9300-34800 (Grade Pay: Rs.4200).
- Relaxation in minimum education qualification norms for recruitment of Sportspersons
- Clarification regarding educational qualification for direct recruitment to the post of Assistant Loco Pilot (Diesel/Electric)
- Minimum educational qualification for recruitment to Pharmacist Gr. III’s position in the Railways Medical Department