Provision of seats for TTEs/Conductors
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, Dated: 02.11.2017
The Principal Chief Commercial Managers,
All Zonal Railways
(COMMERCIAL CIRCULAR NO. 72 OF 2017)
Sub: Provision of seats for TTEs/Conductors.
Please refer to this office letter No. 2001-TG-I/13/P dated 03.10.2002 wherein instructions have been issued regarding earmarking of accommodation for TTE/Conductors in Mail/Express trains, Rajdjani Express trains, Shatabdi Express trains, day journey trains and Jan-Shatabdi Express trains. The matter has been further reviewed keeping in view the trains which have been introduced subsequently e,g, Duronto, Humsafar, Suvidha Special trains etc. Moreover, the capacity of 3AC conventional coaches is 64 berths whereas that of LHB 3AC coaches is 72 berths and that of 3E coaches is 78 berths & hence 3E coaches should be considered at par with 3AC coaches. Accordingly, it has been decided to earmark the following accommodation for onboard Ticket Checking Staff & RPF/GRP:-
a. Mail/Express trains with sleeping accommodation and leg-wise manning (Covering normal Mail/Express trains, Mahamana etc.)
(i) Berth No. 5 in A-1 Coach only for Conductor manning 1st AC/ AC 2 tier/First Class coaches.
(ii) Berth No. 7 in B-1/ BE-1 Coach only for TTE manning AC3 tier/3E coaches.
(iii) Berth No. 7 in alternate sleeper class coaches for TTEs manning Sleeper Class coaches.
b. Mail/Express trains with sleeping accommodation and end to end manning (covering Rajdhani/Shatabdi/Duronto type trains)
(i) Berth No. 5 in A-1 Coach for TS manning 1st AC and 2nd AC coaches.
(ii) Berth No. 7 in B-1, B-3, B-5, & B-7 coaches of Dy. TS manning AC-2/3-tier coaches. In case of 3E, similar arrangements should be made in BE-1, BE-4 and BE-7 or G-1, G-3, G-5 & G-7 coaches in case of Garib Rath type trains.
c. Mail/Express trains with sitting accommodation and end to end manning. (Shatabdi type trains)
(i) Seat No.1 in Coach No. C-1, C-3, C-5 & C-7 coaches for TS/Dy. TS.
(ii) Trains superintendent will occupy the seat in the coach adjacent to the executive class coach.
d. Mail/Express trains having sitting accommodation and leg-wise manning (Inter-city type trains)
(i) Seat No.1 in every alternate second class coach for ticket checking staff manning these coaches.
(ii) Seat No.1 in alternate Chair Car coach.
(iii) In case composite coach with sitting and sleeping accommodation is attahced, seat no.1 in the sitting portion of the composite coach should be earmarked, for the ticket checking staff.
e. Accommodation for RPF/GRP: One side lower berth (berth no. 63 in coach S1) may be earmarked in sleeper class coach in the entire train in which this staff is travelling. To make it clearer, if the train is being escorted by GRP, one berth will be earmarked for GRP and in case the train is escorted by RPF, one berth in sleeper class will be earmarked for RPF. In case no RPF/GRP is escorting the train, no accommodation will be earmarked for them.
2. The number of berths/seats to be earmarked in a train for onboard ticket checking staff will be keeping in view the composition of the train. In case the number of staff manning a train on regular basis (working as per roster) is less, the number of berths/seats to be earmarked for onboard ticket checking staff can be reduced and the same can be reviewed also subsequently based on manning on regular basis (working as per roster) subject to maximum yardstick indicated above. In the train also the number of berths/seats to be utilized by the onboard ticket checking staff will be equal to the number of staff and the berths/seats in excess will be released to RAC or other passengers.
Director Passenger Marketing
Related to Your Search:
- Ministry of Railways earmarks seats for Security Personnel of escorting teams in the trains
- Reservation Facilities Provided to Senior Citizen and Female Passengers Including Pregnant Women
- Enhancement of Combined Reservation Quota of lower berths for Senior Citizens and Female Passengers
- NFIR – Earmarking of reservation quota for women
- Tatkal Booking Timings Change – Online Booking Passengers Pleased
- Air Conditioned Coach developed for DEMU Train
- FACILITIES EXTENDED TO HANDICAPPED PERSONS IN RESPECT OF RESERVATION IN TRAINS
- Railways – 50 Percent Concession for Male senior citizens and 40 Percent Concession for Lady senior citizens
- Train reservation Quota for Women and Senior Citizens: Railway Board Circular