Providing immediate medical treatment to victims of crimes or road accidents
MOST URGENT/SPEED POST
GOVERNMENT OF NATIONAL CAPITAL TERRITORY OF DELHI
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH & FAMILY WELFARE
9TH LEVEL, A-WING, DELHI SACHIVALAYA, I.P. ESTATE,
Sub: Providing immediate medical treatment to victims of crimes or road accidents.
In continuation with guidelines on the subject issued by this Department vide letters dated 30/10/1998, 31/03/2002, 27/11/2008 and 07/02/2011 all hospitals including private hospitals and nursing homes, functioning in the National Capital Territory of Delhi, are hereby directed to attend to victims of crimes and trauma in dire need of immediate medical treatment, including victims of rape and road accident, and provide them immediate treatment.
The above said hospitals/nursing homes shall not refuse to provide medical treatment for any reason including that the case involved is of medico-legal nature. In such cases the hospital / nursing home concerned shall also call / inform the nearest Police Station or the Police Control Room concerning the medico legal case.
Attention of all the above hospitals/nursing homes is drawn to clause 14.2 of the schedule appended with Rule 14 of Delhi Nursing Homes Registration (Amendment) Rules, 2011 which provides as under:
“14.2 The nursing home shall not refuse treatment to the injured / serious patients brought to them due to any reason, whatsoever.”
Any such victim brought to the hospital/nursing home either by the Police or the public or on their own, shall not be refused immediate medical treatment that may be required to stabilize the emergency medical condition of the victim.
Non-compliance of the aforementioned directions by defaulting hospitals / nursing homes shall attract appropriate disciplinary / punitive action including cancellation of registration.
Related to Your Search:
- EMPANELMENT OF HOSPITALS/ NURSING HOMES AND DIAGNOSTIC CENTRES FOR ECHS
- Grant of Advance for Cancer treatment in Non-Empanelled Private Hospitals / Private Nursing Home under CGHS / CS (MA) Rules
- CGHS: Cashless facility to CGHS Benficiaries
- Emergency treatment in Central Government Health Scheme CGHS empanelled Hospitals
- CGHS beneficiaries – Clarifications regarding treatment at government hospitals
- Emergency Treatment in CGHS Hospitals – List of Emergency conditions
- CGHS News : Hospitals and Diagnostic Centres for Providing Medical Facilities to the UGC pensioners w.e.f. March, 2012
- List of Private Hospitals / Nursing Homes and Diagnostic Labs under ECHS
- List of Super Speciality Hospitals in Coimbatore, Chennai and other Tamilnadu regions