Proposal to allow only BSNL MTNL telephones to Government employees
Minister of State for Communications and Information Technology has said in the Lok Sabha on 13th December 2013 that the proposal is under consultation and no decision has been arrived at…
Government had constituted a Group of Ministers (GoM) on 17.04.2013 to recommend short term, medium term and long term measures for revival and revitalization of Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) and Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL). Department of Telecommunications has circulated a draft Note for inter-ministerial consultations on 30.10.2013 proposing preferential treatment to BSNL and MTNL services in Central Government Ministries/Central Government Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) and Autonomous Bodies to enhance the revenues earned by BSNL and MTNL.
The proposal is not contrary to economic policy as it is limited to Government employees for whom reimbursement facility from Government is provided and limited to the extent of the reimbursement and to Government departments & PSUs for official use. The matter is presently under consultation and no decision has been arrived at.
Related to Your Search:
- Disbursement of pensionary benefits to all the combined service pension optee absorbed employees of Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL)
- BSNL MTNL Merger – Union Cabinet approved the proposal of BSNL and MTNL
- Claim of BSNL on account of pay & allowances etc. to its employees working on loan basis in DoT/Field Units
- Extension of CGHS facility to retired BSNL employees
- Pensionary benefits to the employees of BSNL and MTNL
- BSNL : Review of extension of without voucher facility to Retired Employees
- BSNL Employees: All India LTC facility will remain frozen for all BSNL Employees till further orders.
- Concessional telephone facility to Retired/ retiring employees of BSNL – Free Night calling facility regarding
- Number of Mobile Connections in India as on Feb-2013