Promotion of the Visually Impaired
The Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment Shri.D.Napoleon submitted the below information as written reply to a question raised in Lok Sabha on 19th March 2013 regarding the subject of promotion to visually impaired persons as follows…
“As per Section 33 of the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) (PwD) Act, 1995, every appropriate Government shall appoint in every establishment such percentage of vacancies not less than three percent for persons or class of persons with disability of which one per cent. each shall be reserved for persons suffering from-
(i) Blindness or low vision;
(ii) Hearing impairment;
(iii) Loco motor disability or cerebral palsy, in the posts identified for each disability.
Further, with a view to encourage employment of Persons with Disabilities in private sector, the Government provides the employer’s contribution for Employees Provident Fund (EPF) and Employees State Insurance (ESI) for 3 years, for employees with disabilities including visually impaired persons employed in the private sector on or after 01.04.2008, with a monthly salary upto Rs.25, 000 under its Scheme of Incentives to the Private Sector for Employment of Physically Challenged Persons.
Government has issued uniform and comprehensive guidelines for conducting examination for the persons with disabilities for regular and competitive examinations”.
Related to Your Search:
- List of state-wise and gender-wise number of persons with disabilities…
- Reservation in promotion for differently-abled people
- List of Posts Identified Suitable for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities – PIB
- THE DRAFT RIGHTS OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES BILL, 2012
- Employment to Differently Abled
- Recruitment of Persons with Disabilities in Indian Railway from Open market- Regarding publication of Employment Notices
- Advertisement issued by Prasar Bharati Secretariat in regard to Special Recruitment Drive for filling up of MTS post for Persons with Disabilities
- Filling up of vacancies reserved for Persons with Disabilities- reg.
- Welfare Measures for Persons with Disabilities