Processing of death claims requests under APY
PENSION FUND REGULATORY AND DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
CIR No.: PFRDA/2020/24/SUP-POP/3
June 16, 2020
All Point of Presence (PoPs) under Atal Pension Yojana (APY) / NSDL-CRA
Subject: Processing of death claims requests under Atal Pension Yojana (APY) in view of Covid 19 pandemic – reg.
Considering the difficulties faced by Point of Presence under Atal Pension Yojana (hereinafter referred as ‘PoP-APY’) in processing of death claim requests due to Covid-19 pandemic, it has been decided to ease the processing of death claim requests.
2. In this respect, it is advised as under:
- PoP-APY shall duly verify and attest the documents of death claim requests and submit the scanned copies of all requisite documents through their registered e-mail ID to NSDL-CRA.
- PoP-APY shall also submit, through their registered email ID, a declaration stating ‘All requisite physical documents shall be submitted to CRA by July 31, 2020.’
- NSDL-CRA shall accept these scanned documents alongwith declaration as above, submitted by PoP-APY, for processing the same as per the applicable guidelines.
- The above process is adopted on an exception basis till June 30, 2020.
3. This circular is issued under Section 14 of PFRDA Act, 2013 and is
available in ‘Circulars’ section of Regulatory Framework at PFRDA’s website.
(Sumeet Kaur Kapoor)
Chief General Manager
Related to Your Search:
- Voluntary exit under Atal Pension Yojana (APY) – PFRDA
- PFRDA – Increase the limit of pension and age under Atal Pension Yojana
- PFRDA pledges to contribute to PM-CARES Fund to help fight COVID-19 outbreak
- PFRDA – Extension of timelines for activities under National Pension System & NPS Lite- Swavalamban Scheme in view of Covid-19 Pandemic
- PFRDA Orders : Processing of withdrawal requests of Non IRA Compliant subscribers
- Now 97.05 lakh subscribers base under Atal Pension Yojana
- Regarding withdrawal from the NPS on death of by the employees who have been allotted PRAN and their contribution uploaded to NSDL.
- Settlement of NPS at the time of superannuation, resignation and death of the employees: CRA-NSDL Circular
- Rs 100 crore released towards Government of India co-contribution in Atal Pension Yojana