Post Offices: Computers and Internet Facilities in Post Offices
As on date, 24,969 Departmental Post Offices have been computerised. Out of 24,969 computerised Departmental Post Offices 22,177 Post offices are having internet connectivity.
In Rajasthan Circle, 1320 Departmental Post Offices have been computerized and out of these 1320 computerized Post offices 1299 have internet facility.
The Government has approved IT Modernization Project of Department of Posts. It involves computerization and networking of all Post Offices through network integrator of the project including Branch Post Offices in the rural area. The roll out of the Project is expected in the year 2013-14 subject to finalization of the Request for Proposal (RFP) for Rural Hardware, timely implementation of the project and availability of funds.
This was stated by Shri Sachin Pilot, the Minister of State in the Ministry of Communication and Information Technology in response to a written question in Rajya Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Payment of salary to Project KV officials and Contractual teachers
- Employees posted in project sector KVs face a delay in receiving their salaries and other dues
- New Post Offices will be opened in this fiscal-Manoj Sinha
- Grant of funds for Modernisation of Non-Statutory Departmental Canteens located in Central Government Offices.
- Process of installing Solar Photovoltaic Systems in Government Offices
- Sale of PENTAMOBILES Phones available now at Post Offices – Postal Department
- Booking of Railway Tickets through Mobile Phones without internet connection
- Ministry of Railways Undertakes an Exercise of Rationalisation of Computerised Passenger Reservation System
- Booking of Retiring Rooms through railtourismindia website now…