Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
(Office of the Establishment Officer)
New Delhi, dated 02.04.2013.
Subject: Policy on fixing an upper limit of the number of years for which officers can work in the personal staff of the Union Minister in their entire careers.
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) had laid down a policy -wherein a ceiling of 10 years in the entire career and a sub-limit of 05 years as PS/OSD within the ceiling of 10 years had been fixed beyond which no person was to be permitted to be appointed in the personal staff of Ministers. This was conveyed in DoP&T’s OM No.31/65/2009-EO(MM-I) dated 04.03.2010 and OM No.31/11/2010-EO(MM-I) dated 13.05.2010. This was reiterated vide Cabinet Secretary’s D.O. No.2/3/2010-EO(MM-I) dated 19.1 1.2012.
2. In this regard, the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has decided that till the completion of the next General Elections, these instructions may not be made applicable in respect of officers who are at present serving in any capacity in the personal staff of Ministers and are proposed to be retained beyond-the laid down tenure limit.
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of India
Related to Your Search:
- Provision regarding mandatory cooling off period between two deputations for appointment in the personal staff of Union Ministers
- Dopt Orders – Delegation of power to relax the educational qualification for appointment in the personal staff of Union Ministers – regarding
- DoPT may put 3-years gap for posts in ministerial staff
- DoPT: Revision of the rates of Deputation (Duty) Allowance/pay fixation on appointment in the Personal Staff of Ministers
- Immediate appointment on compassionate grounds, as a special case without including the same ceiling limit
- Combinations of different posts for creation of post of OSD, Addl. PS and Asstt.PS in the personal staff of Ministers
- Appointment of the Secretaries to the Government of India.
- Meeting with Senior Officers Committee – Confederation
- Appointment and posting of General Managers, Members and Chairman in the Railway Board