PFRDA takes a new initiative to increase pension coverage by increasing the incentives payable to Points of Presence (POPs), the principal distributive points for NPS
Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) has taken several initiatives in the past few years to increase pension coverage in the country, notably introducing e-NPS, reducing minimum contribution levels, new investment instruments, aggressive life cycle funds etc.
PFRDA has now taken a further step in this direction by increasing the incentives payable to Points of Presence (POPs), the principal distributive points for National Pension System (NPS).
The following Table gives the details of increase in incentives:
Principal Distribution Point
|POP||Initial Subscriber Registration*||Rs. 125/-||Rs. 200/-|
|Initial Contribution||0.25% of the contribution Min: Rs.
20/- & Max : Rs.25,000/-
|0.25% of the contribution Min: Rs.
20/- & Max : Rs.25,000/-
|All Subsequent Contribution|
|All Non-Financial Transaction||Rs. 20/-||Rs. 20/-|
|Persistency*||—–||> Rs. 50/- per annum (only for NPS-All
|e-NPS* (for subsequent contributions)||0.05% of the contribution Min Rs 5/-
& Max Rs 5000/- (Only for NPS- All Citizen and Tier-II Accounts)
|0.10% of the contribution Min Rs 10/-
& Max Rs 10000/- (Only for NPS- All Citizen and Tier-II Accounts)
*Changes effected A new incentive towards increasing persistency has been introduced under which POPs will receive an incentive of Rs. 50/- per account per annum for every account which continues to contribute a minimum of Rs 1000/- in a financial year.
PFRDA believes that the renewed incentive will help in increasing the reach of pensions in India, through the efforts of Points of presence (POPs).
Related to Your Search:
- Clarification on Revision of Service Charges to POPs under NPS All Citizen and Corporate Model
- Charges and incentive structure under NPS Lite w.e.f. 01.04.2017
- PFRDA Circulars : Circular on Swavalamban Subscriber Registration through Aggregators Only
- PFRDA Workshop benefits of National Pension System & Pension Funds under NPA architecture
- PFRDA Order: Incentive for mobilization and registration of subscribers under Atal Pension Yojana
- Dispensing with the requirement of submission of physical application form in case of NPS account being opened on Aadhaar verification followed by e-Signature
- New Functionalities released under National Pension System (NPS)
- Voluntary exit under Atal Pension Yojana (APY) – PFRDA
- PFRDA conducts workshop on National Pension System (NPS) for Corporates in coordination with FICCI