WOMEN EMPLOYEES IN RAILWAYS
Total number and the percentage of women employees in the Railways as on date, Group-wise..?
The below data was given by the Minister of State in the Ministry of Railways Shri.Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury in written reply in the Parliament on 22nd November, 2012 as follows…
A Statement is laid on the Table of the House.
Group-wise total number of Railway employees and percentage of women employees on Indian Railways as on 31.03.2011(latest available) is as under:
|S.No.||Group||Total number of employees||Total number of women employees||Percentage of women employees|
|(i)||Group ‘A’ & ‘B’||16,844||1,269||7.53%|
|(ii)||Group ‘C’ Staff||10,76,889||58,937||5.47%|
|(iii)||Group ‘D’ Staff||2,34,466||24,725||10.5%|
Note: Number of women employees separately in Group ‘A’ and ‘B’ is not maintained.
(b) to (d): Railways are mandated to follow DOP&T’s instructions in recruitment. No reservation for women has been prescribed so far.
Related to Your Search:
- NFIR: Measures to improve Safety on Indian Railways
- Latest Census of Group wise Central Government Employees
- Group-wise estimated number of regular Central Government Civilian Employees in Central Government
- Sanctioned strength and Employees in position in Central Government as on 01.03.2016
- Women Personnel in Army
- Group-wise estimated number of vacant posts of regular Central Government Civilian Employees as on 01.03.2012
- Atal Pension Yojana (APY) is the guaranteed Pension Scheme of Government of India administered by PFRDA
- Number of vacancies in the Central Government Services
- Comparison of Group ‘B’ Posts between Railways and Central Government Departments