Pensionary benefits of medically decategorised running staff opt for voluntary Retirement
Railway Board Circular on Pensionary benefits of medically decategorised running staff opt for voluntary Retirement
Ministry of Railways has issued a Circular on Pensionary benefits of medically decategorised running staff opt for voluntary Retirement
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
RBE No. 137/2016
New Delhi, dated 29 .11.2016.
The General Managers(P)/CAOs,
All Indian Railways & Prod. Units etc.
Sub: Pensionary benefits of medically decategorised running staff who opt for voluntary retirement.
Ref: Board’s letter no. E(NG)I-2009/RE-3/9 dated 05-10-2011.
Vide DC/JCM item no. 25/2004, PNM/NFIR Item No. 8/2015 and PNM/AIRF Item No. 46/2012, recognised staff Federations have demanded that 55% of Pay Element be reckoned for computing retirement benefit for those running staff who have been medically decategorised and decide to take Voluntary Retirement instead of opting for redeployment in an alternative stationary post.
2. The issue has been examined in Board’s office, and it is observed that the issue is governed under the provisions contained in Board’s letter referred to above. To address the specific aspect brought out by Federations, it has been decided that whenever a medically decategorised running staff governed by RS(PR)1993. who has rendered the prescribed qualifying service opts for Voluntary Retirement either on his own or within a period of one month from the date of offer of the first alternative post, his pension may be computed with addition of 55% Pay Element. This 55% benefit will be reckoned after deducting the 30% Pay Element fixation benefit if granted already as per Board’s letter dated 05-10-2011 referred to above.
3. In case such staff does not give option of Voluntary Retirement within the outer limit period of one month specified herein above. it will be deemed that the staff has accepted the alternative appointment offered and in this case, retirement benefits will be governed by extant instruction on the issue whenever he superannuates or opts for Voluntary Retirement thereafter.
4. The period of one month to opt for Voluntary Retirement for those medically decategorised running staff, who have already been offered the alternative posts, will start from the date of issue of this letter.
5. The above clarification shall take effect from the date of issue of this letter.
6. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
7. Please acknowledge receipt.
(S. Balachandra Iyer)
Related to Your Search:
- Fixation of pay of medically unfit running staff on being appointed against alternative posts in revised 7th CPC pay structure
- Appointment on Compassionate grounds of dependent of medically unfit staff on the Railways
- Non-grant of increments to medically decategorised running staff absorbed in stationary posts
- Medically incapacitated staff of Railway Protection Force / Railway Protection Special Force may be absorbed in alternative jobs
- Pay element relating to Running Staff/Loco Inspectors after the recommendations of 7th CPC
- 30% add on pay element to the retiring Loco Inspectors for reckoning pensionary benefits
- Non-payment of retirement benefits to the Running Staff retired on or after 01/01/2016
- Fixation of pay of disabled/medically unfit running staff on being appointed against alternative (stationary) posts in revised (6th CPC) pay structure
- Pay element in the case of Loco Inspectors – 30% addition to 7th CPC pay matrix for retirement benefits