Ministry of Defence
Pension to Ex-Servicemen
09 AUG 2021
As per the current pension structure applicable to Armed Forces personnel, the following pensionary awards are given:
- Retiring Pension/ Service Pension
- Retiring Gratuity/ Service Gratuity
- Special Pension/ Special Gratuity
- Invalid Pension/ Invalid Gratuity
- Retirement Gratuity/ Death Gratuity
- Disability Pension/ War injury pension
- Ordinary Family pension/ Special Family pension/Liberalized Family pension
- Dependent pension/Second life award of special family pension/ Liberalized family pension
- Family Gratuity
Pension is calculated at 50% of the last emoluments drawn by the individual. The minimum qualifying service for earning a service pension is 20 years in the case of Commissioned Officers and 15 years in the case of Personnel Below Officer Rank.
Pension in respect of Armed Forces personnel has increased from time to time on the basis of recommendations of various Central Pay Commissions. In addition, various Government policy letters have been issued from time to time which resulted in an increase in pension/family pension.
This information was given by Raksha Rajya Mantri Shri Ajay Bhatt in a written reply to Shri Tiruchi Siva in Rajya Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- PCDA Orders : Disability pension/war injury pension/special family pension/liberalized family pension/dependent pension/liberalized dependent pension for the Armed Forces Officers and Personnel Below Officer Rank.
- Government agrees to make Armed Forces personnel with fewer than 10 years qualified service Invalid Pension
- Grant of Disability Pension
- Revised Pension Tables of Casualty Pensionary awards for JCO/ORs Pensioners/Family pensioners
- Compensation to Security Personnel of Central Armed Police Forces
- Time limit fixed for filing Appeal for grant of Family Pension
- Committee to Look Into pay and Pension Grievance Of Retired Military Personnel
- Grant of Family Pension and gratuity to the eligible member of the family of an employee/pensioner/family pensioner reported missing-consolidated instructions regarding
- PCDA circular: Grant of Family Pension and gratuity