Transport Allowance to Railway Employees
if a Government servant is absent form Headquarters/ place of posting for a full calendar month, he will not be entitled to any Transport Allowance during that calendar month….
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
No. PC-V/2017/ A/TA/1
New Delhi, dated: 16.11.2020
The General Manager (P)
All Indian Railways and PUs.
(As per mailing list)
Sub: Payment of Transport Allowance to Railway Employees working from home for entire calendar month(s) in view of COVID-19 Pandemic.
References have been received in Board’s office secking clarification from Railways on the above mentioned subject. The matter has been considered in Board’s office and it has been decided that Transport Allowance is not admissible to such employees in terms of clarification No. 1 of Annexure-II issued vide Board’s letter dated 24-11-2003 (RBE No. 203/2003). This provision stipulates as under:
” if a Government servant is absent form Headquarters/ place of posting for a full calendar month, he will not be entitled to any Transport Allowance during that calendar month….”
Transport allowance in respect of such employees may be regulated accordingly..
2. It has also been decided that the above will be reviewed in the light of Department of Expenditure clarification as and when received from them.
(Sudha A Kujur)
Dy Director/ Pay Commission
Related to Your Search:
- 7th CPC Transport Allowance is granted to Central Government employees during Nationwide Lockdown due to Covid-19 pandemic – DoE
- Transport Allowance to Railway Employees availing concessional Season Ticket
- 7th CPC Transport Allowance to Railway Employees for the month of April 2020. AIRF writes to Railway Board
- 7th CPC Transport Allowance and DA granted for Indian Railway Medical Service (IRMS) officers drawing Grade Pay of Rs.10,000/- under DACP Scheme
- 7th CPC: Clarification on admissibility of Charge Allowance in Indian Railways
- Grant of Transport Allowance @ 7000 p.m+DA thereon to officers drawing Grade Pay of Rs.10000, Rs.12000 on Non-functional basis-clarification reg.
- Central Government Employees Absence during COVID – 19 epidemic lockdown period – clarification is received from DOPT
- Grant of Transport Allowance to Orthopaedically handicapped Railway Employees.
- 7th CPC Revision of the rates of Railway Board Tenure Allowance to the Officers of Organized Group A Railway Services