Payment of pension to the Central Government pensioners – Continuation of either or survivor pension account after death of a pensioner – RBI Instruction
RESERVE BANK OF INDIA
Ref. DGBA.GAD No. H-7386/45.01.001/2012-13
The Chairman / Managing Director
State Bank of India & its Associates Banks
Chairman & Managing Director
All Nationalised Banks & IDBI
ICICI Bank Ltd, Axis Bank Ltd, HDFC Bank Ltd.
Payment of pension to the Central Government pensioners – Continuation of either or survivor pension account after death of a pensioner
We have been receiving complaints from the pensioners that on death of a pensioner, banks are insisting on opening of a fresh account by the widow/widower of the pensioner for the purpose of family pension.
2. In this connection, we advise that in case the spouse (Family pensioner) opts for existing joint account for credit of family pension, banks should not insist on opening of a new account when the spouse is the survivor and having a joint account with the pensioner and in whose favour an authorization fo payment of family pension exists in the Pension Payment Order (PPO).
3. We advise you to issue suitable instructions to your Regional Offices/branches authorised to disburse pension to the Central Government pensioners.
Assistant General Manager
Endt.DGBA.No.H.7387/45.01.001/2012-13 of date
Copy forwarded for information to
1. the Controller General of Accounts, Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, Office of the Controller General of Accounts, 7th Floor, Lok Nayak Bhavan, Khan Market, New Delhi-110 511 with reference to his letter No.T-14018/31/2011/TA-III/279 dated May 17, 2013.
2. the Controller General of Defence Accounts, Government of India, Ministry of Defence West Block-V, R K Puram, New Delhi -110 066 with reference to his letter No. AT/CC/P-Offrs/R-109/04/11 dated June 27, 2011
3. the Director, Finance (A), Government of India, Ministry of Railways, (Railway Board), New Delhi, with reference to his letter No.2011/AC-II/21/2 dated My 11, 2011
4. the Director (TAl), Government of India, Ministry of Communications, Departmentof Telecommunications, Sanchar Bhavan, New Delhi 110 001 with reference to his letter No 6-138/1990-TA-l/Vol-Vll/606 dated May 4. 2011.
5. the Chief Controller (Pensions), Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, Central Pension Accounting Office, Trikoot 2, Bikaji Cama Place, New Delhi 110 066 with reference to his letter No.CPAO/Tech/Misc/2010-11/345 dated May 4, 2011.
6. the Director (Budget and Admn, ), Ministry of Communications & IT, Department of Posts, Government of India, PA Wing: PEA branch, Dak Bhavan, Sansad Marg, New Delhi-110 001
7. the Regional Director/General Manger, Reserve Bank of India, Public Accounts Department, Ahmedabad / Bangalore / Bhubaneswar / Belapur / Bhopal / Chandigarh / Chennai / Kolkata / Guwahati / Hyderabad / Jaipur/ Kanpur / Mumbai /New Delhi / Nagpur / Patna /Thiwvananthpuram
8. the Chief General Manager, Reserve Bank of India, Customer Service Department. CO 1st Floor, Amar Building, Sir P.M Road. Mumbai 400001
9. All Banking Ombudsmen.
Related to Your Search:
- PCDA Circular 190 – Non transfer of Pension files from banks to other PDAs
- First Credit of pension on the basis of e-PPO into the account of the pensioner/ family pensioner followed by subsequent verification with physical PPOs
- CPAO: Not required to visit the bank to activate their first payment of pension
- Procedure of recovery of excess payment made to pensioners – Bank should not refuse the pension on the pretext of excess payment/recoveries
- Non compliance of instructions for payment of Defence Pension
- Recording of PPO Number in the Bank Pass Book of Defence pensioner/family pensioner
- Timely Revision of Pension as per 7th CPC
- Spouse Advised on Pensioners Death – Inform Pension Paying Bank, Form 14, Separate Bank Account, Non-earning Certificate, Declaration of Marriage
- Additional Relief on death/disability of Central Government servants covered by NPS – CPAO Life Certificate