Payment of arrears of pension for the period 1-1-2006 to 23-9-2012: Kindly stop driving every affected individual pensioner to the Courts of law
BHARAT PENSIONER SAMAJ
(All India Federation of Pensioner’s Associations)
New Delhi – 110014
No SG/MOS PP/014/2
Honerable MOS (PP)
GOI. M/O Personnel,PG & Pensions
Subject: Payment of arrears of pension for the period 1-1-2006 to 23-9-2012
Honorable Minister Sir.
Kindly stop driving every affected individual pensioner to the Courts of law. instead extended automatically to similarly placed pensioners Court Judgment confirmed or delivered by the Apex Court as was recommended by 5th CPC also vide their Para 126.5.
Sir. with reference to then MOS (P) answer dated 12.02.2014 in Lok Sabha to UNSTARRED QUESTION NO 3406 regarding PAYMENT OF ARREARS TO PENSIONERS your kind attention is drawn to the facts that Principal CAT order dated 1. l l .2011 in OA No.655/2010 quashed clarificatory OM dated 03.10.2008 and directed to re-fix the pension of all pre-2006 retirees w.e.f. 1.1.2006. based on the Resolution dated 29.08.2008. While dismissing WP (C) No. 1535/2012 of UOI on 29-4-2013. Hon’ble Delhi High Court upheld the verdict of the CAT-PB. Dismissing SLP (C) No.23055/2013 filed by UOI against the judgement of Hon’ble Delhi High on 29-7-2013 and then Review Petition (C) No.2492/2013 on 12-11-2013 and finally Curative Petition (C) No. 126/2014 on 30-4-2014, Hon’ble Supreme Court upheld the Judgment of the Hon’ble Delhi High Court. With this CAT verdict dated 1-11-2011. referred to, has attained legal finality,
But unfortunately instead of implementing the said judgement in letter & spirit of all pre 2006 Pensioners DOP & PW going against the judgement. has taken a decision to implement it qua petitioners.
Sir. as is admitted in the answer to Lok Sabha unstarred Q.No 3406 Honerable CAT -PB order under reference has already been implemented from an arbitrary date 24.09.2012. Thus in all legality the arrears w.e.f. 01 .01 .2006 too should he paid to all & not only to a small section of pensioners who could afford to go to the Court of law.
Sir, Bharat Pensioners Samaj in its capacity as the largest & oldest organization of C.G. Pensioners over 550 Pensioners Associations affiliated/associated to it, appeal to you to ensure correct delivery of justice by implementing the judgement under reference to all pre 2006 pensioner so that other affected Pensioners in the evening of their live are not pushed to seek justice from court of law.
We are also request you to permit inclusion of this issue in the Agenda of 25th SCOVA meeting Sheduled to be held under your Chairmanship on 24th of July 2014.
Thanking you in anticipation
sd/- dated 06.07.2014
Secy. Genl. Bharat Pensioners Samaj
Related to Your Search:
- 7th Pay Commission: Suggestions for terms of reference with respect to Pensioners by Bharat Pensioner Samaj
- Disburse the arrears of pension for the period 1-1-2006 to 23-9 2012 – BPS
- Delay in Payment of Arrears to Pensioners: Question scheduled for 7th August 2013 in Lok Sabha
- 7th Pay Commission Pension Revision for Pre-2016 Pensioners: Importance of implementation of Option 1
- Revision of Pension of Pre 2006 Pensioners who retired from posts where pay scales have been merged /upgraded: BPS writes to PM
- 7th Central Pay Commission recommendations- Submission to the empowered Committee Secretaries – BPS
- 7th CPC invitation letter to Bharat Pensioner Samaj to discuss issues relating to pensioners.
- PENSION ARREARS FROM 01.01.2006 AS PER COURT ORDER: GOVERNMENT REPLY IN PARLIAMENT
- Pension Arrears from 01 Jan 2006 as per Court Order: Govt reply in Parliament