OROP: One Rank One Pension Scheme should be implemented with in six weeks – Hon’ble Supreme Court
Hon’ble Supreme Court granted 6 weeks time Central Government to grant One Rank One Pension to retired Armed Forces Personnel on the request of Govt Justice T S Thakur accepted to take up the case after six weeks as per the request made by Additional Solicitor General on behalf of Government Side.
It is expected that time given now may be final as Hon’ble Supreme Court ordered for implementation of One Rank One Pension in the year 2008 itself which is yet to be implemented by Govt. This six weeks was granted on the grounds that Govt needs to work out the modalities for granting OROP.
A contempt petition has been filed by retired Major General S P S Vains in this issue in which hearing is on. Earlier Apex Court has observed that One Rank One Pension is one of the points in Election manifesto of NDA Government. Hon’ble court said “This was part of your manifesto for the Lok Sabha elections. You must keep your word,”
While hearing the Contempt Petition, Defence Ministry has been called upon to provide its explanation for non-implementation of OROP
In Febrary itself, when fixing the next hearing after 3 months Apex Court said “We make it clear that no further time will be granted for the purpose of implementation of the impugned judgment.”
Now, six more weeks have been given as additional time for implementing One Rank One Pension to Ex-Servicemen.
Source: The Indian Express
Related to Your Search:
- Supreme Court seeks government response on ex-servicemen plea on OROP
- One Rank One Pension (OROP): Madras High Court issues notice to Centre.
- OROP – One Rank One Pension – Supreme Court of India petition dated 01-05-2019
- Benefits of Sixth Pay Commission to Govt employees who retired before 1.1.2006
- Rank Pay Matter: Antony expect Attorney General’s opinion on issue of rank pay fixation
- PIL seeks review of One Rank One Pension (OROP) scheme
- OROP panel hearing ex-servicemen issues: Govt tells High Court
- Pre 2006 Pensioner’s Court Case: Status as on 01 July 2013
- One Rank One Pension – Ex-servicemen Take the Fight to Another Level – Ready to fight for their rights in the Supreme Court