Order Issued on Revised Pension for ex-servicemen.
The government has issued instructions for implementing the revised pensions for ex-servicemen under the 7th Pay Commission (SPC).
However, the issue of disability pension which had created considerable disappointment in the Services is not covered under this as it has been referred to the anomalies committee.
The government gazette notification on pensions was issued on October 18, defence sources told. This is a follow up action to the “resolution” dated September 30 issued by the Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare.
The resolution had caused resentment from the veteran community as it had drastically lowered the disability pension for military personnel by converting the percentage based system to a fixed slab system.
Pending the conversion back to the percentage system it means that those retiring after January 1, 2016 would face a slash in their disability pension.
Source: The Hindu
Related to Your Search:
- Defence personnel to get disability pension under old norms
- 7th CPC recommended Disability Pension – Lok Sabha Q&A
- 7th CPC Disability Pension
- Government notifies new disability pensions rule for armed forces
- 7th CPC recommendation on Disability Pension of Ex-Servicemen
- Issue of Disability Pension for Defence Forces Personnel referred to 7th CPC Anomaly Committee
- 1st meeting of the National Anomaly Committee
- Enhancement of the Rate of Disability Pension : 7th CPC Report
- Reduction in Disability Pension for Soldiers