GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF COMMUNICATIONS & IT
DEPARTMENT OF POSTS
(Pay commission Cell)
Dated: 04 Jun 2014.
All Chief Postmaster General,
All Postmaster General,
All General Manager (F)
Sub:- Clarification for additional Increment for the officers/officials whose date of increment falls between Feb to Jun 2006 & retired before their DNI in 2006.
Please refer to this Directorate letter of even No. dated 20 Mar 2012 in which DOPT OM NO. 10/02/201-E.III/A dated 19 Mar 2012 was circulated.
2. A doubt has been raised by the PAOs & sought clarification on the above subject if the officers/officials whose date of increment falls between Feb to Jun 2006 & retired before their DNI in 2006 are entitled for one additional increment in pre revised scale on 01-01-2006.
3. The above issue has been examined in consultation-with Ministry of Finance & clarified vide UO No. 48817/E.III-A/2014 dated 21 May 2014 as under,-
“M/o Communications & IT is informed that this Department’s OM No. 10/02/2011- E.III-A dated 19-03-2012 is applicable only to those employees, who were due for increment between February and June, 2006. Those officials who were not in service on their due date of next increment are not eligible for one additional increment on 01-01-2006 in terms of this Department’s OM dated 19-03-2012″.
4. This is for information & further action.
Assistant Director General(GDS/PCC)
Related to Your Search:
- Department of Posts – Merging the Postmasters Cadre with the General Line Cadre
- Fixation of Pay and grant of increment in revised pay structure clarification
- DoP – Opportunity to revision of option to come over to CCS (RP) Rules 2016
- Merger of Postmaster Cadre (Grade-I, II & III) with General Line (LSG, HSG-II & HSG-I)
- Stagnation Increment – Revision of Pension of Pre-2016 pensioners
- Officials, who declined their adhoc promotion will be debarred for promotion to LSG (Postal) cadre
- CCS (RP) Rules, 2016 – Opportunity for revision of option to come over to revised pay structure
- Increment Day for Central Government employees – 1st July of every year
- Grant of (notional) annual increment due on 1st July or 1st January after superannuation for calculating pensionary benefits